Well, I made 8 new slow cooker recipes, but I'm going to count that I completed the challenge. With moving to a new house, the slow cooker was always in the opposite place that I needed it to be, which threw a wrench into making the other 2.
Here's a summary of the recipes I tried:
- Chicken and Dumplings - Both Joe and I LOVED this recipe, and I even entered it into a soup cook-off!
- Sausage and Bean Supper - Very filling, but not very flavorful. May be something I make every so often.
- Jambalaya - DE.LIC.IOUS! Definitely will be a regular in our house :)
- Beef Burgundy - Was not expecting much out of this one, but it was great! For a non-red meat-lover, I really enjoyed this!
- Spicy Chicken Drumsticks - Perfect for a pot luck! I didn't try them, but I heard many positive things from the people at our Super Bowl Party who ate them.
- Sweet and Saucy Chicken - Good flavor, but Joe and my opinions were tainted because I burned the chicken. I'd recommend keeping them in the slow cooker on the lower end of the time, but MAKE SURE YOUR CHICKEN IS COOKED before eating :)
- Orange Honey Tilapia - Very tasty. The foil in the crock pot makes for minimal clean-up, too!
- Simple Savory Pot Roast - I came up with this recipe all on my own, and we were very pleased with how it came out! I'd probably serve it with sweet potatoes next time for a more health-conscioues meal.
My top 3: 1. Chicken and Dumplings, 2. Jambalaya, 3. Simple Savory Pot Roast
May not be repeating these: Sausage and Bean Supper, Beef Burgundy (because I like my Pot Roast Recipe better :))
Crockin' Girls is a great place to find LOTS of slow cooker recipes. I also used Pinterest a lot, and still have some recipes in mind to try. Check back later, because I'm sure I'll make them soon!
I'm incredibly happy I participated in the Crock Pot Challenge! I love my slow cooker because of the ease of use and the fact that dinner is already ready when I get home. I used my slow cooker at least twice a month before the challenge, but I used the same kinds of recipes over and over. Julie's challenge pushed me to use it more often than I would have normally. It also encouraged me to try new recipes, and even to get create and come up with some of my own!
If you don't have a slow cooker, I highly recommend investing in one. You will certainly be pleased if you do :)
Question for you: Any slow cooker recipes that I must try?
I'd really love to hear them because I LOVE to try new things in the slow cooker now!