Monday, October 27, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 17 Weeks

Good morning, y'all!  How is your week going so far?  Yesterday was a teacher duty day, so work was actually pretty easy!  Nice way to start the week.  I'm also excited because I'm finally getting back in to my normal work routine!  Good times!

Well, Tuesdays around here mean one thing lately: it's time to update y'all on how the pregnancy is going!  Let's just jump right on in, how about it?

Pregnancy Update: 17 weeks

How far along? 17 weeks (and two days)

Baby Bump progress: 

Baby's Size? about the size of my palm!  Baby Fish is 5 inches from crown-to-rump, and weighs at least 5 ounces.

What's happening this week?  Baby Fish is beginning to get some body fat.  He/she is still skinny, with essentially translucent skin!  This week, he/she is also practicing sucking and swallowing to prepare for eating after birth.

Total weight gain/loss: as of my doctor's appointment last Monday, I've gained 2 pounds since the beginning!

Stretch marks? None!  Still putting the cocoa butter on daily so that I can try to avoid them!

Sleep: no problems in the sleep department.  Trust me, I'm soaking all of that in because everyone keeps telling me that after the baby comes I won't sleep as well!

Best moment this week: Nothing really pregnancy-specific, but I feel like I got a lot done AND did a lot of relaxing this weekend.  Sounds good to me!

Miss anything?:  this week, I've been missing my daily cup of coffee and my normal Starbucks order.  I'm not complaining about decreasing the caffeine, but it just isn't quite the same :-\

Movement: I THOUGHT I felt something this week after running, but after talking with friends who have had babies, I don't think I felt anything.  It's still early, but I got a little excited.  I still don't think it was anything, but who knows.

Food cravings: No real cravings this week, although on the way home from church on Sunday, I really wanted some brownie batter.  Random, huh?  I wound up buying some brownie mix, but never wound up baking.  I also got some candy corn pumpkins, so I was pretty excited about those :)


Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing this week except the smell of the garbage can.  Just queasy, though.  Haven't gotten sick, thankfully!

Gender: can't find out until next month, but we're still planning on waiting!

Labor Signs: none (thank goodness!)

Symptoms: a few growing cramps every now and then, being SUPER forgetful, getting a little emotional over some small things, and a little bit of back pain thanks to some naps/sleeping on the couch.  Remind me not to do that again for a while!!

Belly Button in or out? in (and I'm thinking it will be for a while)

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody? In general, happy!  I have been a little more emotional this week, not so much moody but just emotional.  

Funny moments this week: On Friday, I saw my boss's boss at our coaching seminar.  I was planning to tell her I was pregnant, but I hadn't had an opportunity to before the lunch break.  I left to go to the restroom, and when I came back, my boss told me that she had asked if I was pregnant!  It made me realize that I AM looking pregnant AND that people are noticing!  Fun stuff!

Looking forward to: feeling the baby move, as well as figuring out some more of the logistics for the baby (what we need, what the nursery will look like, figuring out where we'll get what we need, etc.)!  So much to do!!

Exercise this week: I got in a few workouts this week, thankfully!  Let's see what that looked like!
Wednesday-2.7 mile run with the puppy!
Thursday-nothing (busy day + VT football game to watch)
Friday-nothing (being lazy)
Saturday-20-minute walk with Finn
Sunday-none
Monday-2 mile power walk with Tequila
I've been looking to my FitBit to motivate me to get moving!  My average steps have dropped significantly, and I want to get back to the days where I meet my 10,000 steps per day goal.  Plus, I also have a few half marathons coming up, as well as some other 5K races, and I need to make sure that I am prepared for those races.  

No comments:

Post a Comment