Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Recap: Fall Fun!

Hey everyone!

Once again, I broke my promise to you.  I said I'd blog 2-3x last week, and that just didn't happen.  However, I am actually feeling more inspired and have ideas for a few posts for you this week!  This isn't just going to turn in to pregnancy updates.  I'll get back on this blogging train, trust me!

So, let's get back to the normal Monday post and talk about the weekend!  Sound good?

Friday
I'm going to include my workday on Friday because it was a lot of fun.  We had our monthly coaching seminar, and as always, I learned a lot and had some fun!  A few of us went to lunch, and we had a great time hearing how everyone had met/gotten engaged to their husbands.  It was so interesting how similar Joe and my pre-engagement story was so similar to another coach!

After the meeting, I came home and had an enjoyable evening on the couch.  Joe was out of town with Tequila (he went to Gainesville for a concert with his sister) and I was dog-sitting Finn (Tequila's boyfriend), so I caught up on all the DVRed shows from this week.  Good times!

Saturday
After sleeping in a bit, I got up and got ready to work at the pumpkin patch for a few hours!
My church sells pumpkins every year to support the youth group, and I signed up to help for 4 hours.  I had a great time cashiering during that time, getting to know some of the youth a little bit better, and watching all the families enjoy a beautiful fall day.  Not gonna lie, I imagined the fun Joe and I would have taking pictures of Baby Fish in a pumpkin patch next fall.  Too cute!

The rest of the day was spent watching football.  Hey, what else do you expect on a Saturday in the fall??  I also had to enjoy some of the nicer evening weather, so Finn and I went for a walk.  It broke up the day nicely before more couch time and football.
 There was lots of cuddling with Pablo and Finn, and the games I watched were pretty enjoyable!

Sunday
I had another lazy morning before it was time to go to church.  After the service, I went by the book fair the church was having to fund raise for the children's ministry.  It was so much fun walking around in there and reminded me of how much I enjoyed when the Scholastic book fairs came to school!
I picked up some books for Baby Fish.  It was kind of hard, since I don't know if the little one will want to read about princesses or construction sights, so I did may best at picking some gender-neutral books.

I also bought one of my favorite fall treats--candy corn pumpkins!
I LOVE these things!  I ate a few while watching more football before heading to youth group in the evening.  Youth group was a lot of fun--between getting to know the kids, watching God's Not Dead, and good small group discussion.  Good times!

When I got home, Joe and Tequila had made it home, so I spent some time with them.  Tequila enjoyed having Finn there for a little bit, as you can tell in this picture.
Good thing both of them are fixed!!

And that was my Fall Fun weekend :)  It was nice and relaxing, and I enjoyed having very minimal plans.

Question for you: What fall-related activity did you participate in this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment