Phew, I made it to Friday! With the week I've had, I thought this would never come. But, here we are :) I'm looking forward to this weekend with all the holiday parties that we have to attend. It should be a good one--and hopefully I'll remember to take pictures so I can tell y'all about it on Monday.
Well, since it's Friday, I'm once again linking up with the DC Trifecta bloggers (Courtney, Cynthia, and Mar) to bring you a Friday Five post! It's time for holiday shopping, and I bet many of you are asking people what they want for Christmas and/or sharing what you want.
Today's post is going to give you five ideas for gifts that might be a good for finding a gift for a family member or friend who is really in to health and fitness! It may also give you some ideas for what YOU might like to have this Christmas, too :)
Disclaimer: I was not compensated by any of these brands/companies to write this post. These are just ideas of things I enjoy and/or have read about on other blogs that I wanted to share with you!
Activity trackers have become more and more popular this year. There are a wide variety of options out there, and this article from PC Magazine is a great place to look for prices, reviews, and different capabilities of all of the brands out there!
2. Vegetable Spiralizer
Another trend right now in the healthy living world is "spiralizing" vegetables and using them in place of noodles.
3. Meal/Snack Box Subscription
Health nuts love to cook healthy food and snack on nutritious things, and right now, there are services out there that help you do that!
- Blue Apron is a meal-delivery service that sends you recipes and ingredients for 3 meals at a time. Some of my favorite bloggers have tried out this service and loved it, so I feel like I need to try it out sometime! Feel free to check out Chelsea's explanation of the service and review, as well as Julie's blog for another perspective (direct link to her post coming soon).
- SizzleFish delivers fresh seafood portioned out right to your door. They also have recipes on their website for their products, or you can cook it your own way like Brittany does. It's a great way to try out new fish/seafood in a convenient way!
- NatureBox (referral link) is a monthly snack delivery service. I've used NatureBox for a while and really love their snacks! The awesome thing is, when I filled out a survey that I didn't like something, they added a $3 credit to my account and sent me an e-mail apologizing that I didn't like it! Talk about customer service!
4. Workout Clothes
To me, there's nothing like working out in a new pair of capris or fun new tank top! I imagine any fitness enthusiast on your Christmas list might feel the same way!
Some ideas workout clothes:
- Fabletics: After reading Annette's review and seeing all the awesome designs/clothes she gets from there, I'm really tempted to try it out! Your first outfit that you order is $25, so a giftcard might be a good idea!
- PBFingers' Fitness Finds guide: Julie links to a both of great workout clothes on her blog.
- Gift Cards to their favorite stores: if you don't feel comfortable picking something out, then buy them a gift card for a brand/store they love! No shame in getting a gift card--it's the thought that counts!
5. Workout/Yoga DVDs
There are so, so many workout DVDs out there that I bet you can find something for every health and fitness enthusiast on your list! You can check out Beach Body for their programs (P90X, Insanity, 21 Day Fix), Jillian Michaels has a ton of workout DVDs, Tone It Up has good ones, and yoga DVDs are always an option.
Hope this helped you figure out something to get the health and fitness guru on your list! There are so many fitness gift guides popping up on blogs right now, so if my post didn't help, a quick Google search will give you a ton of ideas, too.
Question for you: What gift ideas do you have that relate to health and fitness??
I still need to tell some people what I'd like, so your ideas would be helpful :)