Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 27 Weeks + Baby's First Christmas Gifts

Hey, hey!  How's your Tuesday going so far?  Joe and I finally made it home after traveling to Dubai and all of our Christmas travels!  Even though I had a great time everywhere we went, I'm thankful to be home and be able to relax for this next week.  Tequila seems to be happy, too, as she was cuddling with a wine bottle on the way back.
That just cracked me up!  Don't worry, it wasn't open.  It had just fallen out of where Joe stored it after buying it at the winery.

Ok, time to talk pregnancy!
Pregnancy Update: 27 Weeks

How far along? 27 weeks (and two days)

Baby Bump progress: taken in front of Joe's grandparents' house by my sister-in-law.  Thanks, Katherine!

Baby's Size? the size of a rudabaga! about 13-15 inches long and weighs between 1.5-2.5 pounds

What's happening this week?  
  • Baby can taste different foods!  It has more taste buds now than it will at birth
  • Still "breathing" amniotic fluid

Total weight gain/loss: not sure of the official number at this point, but as of my last appointment, 13.5 pounds since the beginning of the pregnancy

Stretch marks? no new ones, thankfully!

Sleep: Back to sleeping pretty well!  The only things I've noticed this week is having a harder time getting comfortable.

Best moment this week: celebrating Christmas with Joe and his family!
Next year, Christmas will be very different with Baby Fish around!

Miss anything?: traveling comfortably by car, not peeing all the time, drinking coffee regularly

Movement: Baby Fish is still moving around quite a bit!  He/she has been getting me in the ribs a few more times this week, which is not comfortable!  I hope it stops, but I know it'll only happen more and he/she will only get stronger!

Food cravings: I actually haven't had any cravings this week!  I've eaten lots of vegetables at our Christmas meals, but other than not, no particular cravings.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I got a little sensitive to a bad smell recently, and eating poorly gave me some acid reflux.  Otherwise, things are good!

Gender: We'll find out when Baby Fish is born :)

Labor Signs: none (thankfully!)

Symptoms: 
  • swollen feet/ankles after riding in the car (not as bad as when we were flying, though!)
  • frequent bathroom trips
  • getting very impatient rather quickly
  • acid reflux
  • growing belly (seriously, I feel like it happens constantly!)
  • some back pain, particularly when not sitting somewhere with a back
Belly Button in or out? in, but definitely not as deep as it was

Wedding rings on or off? on!

Happy or Moody? This week was a pretty happy week!  I can't really think of any mood swing moments, so that's always a plus!

Funny moments this week: Joe may hate me for telling this story, but it was DEFINITELY the funniest/most embarrassing/awkward moment of the week.  After Christmas Eve service, we were standing around talking to a family that Joe has known for a long time.  One of the boy's wife was there, and she was wearing a kind-of tight dress.  You could see her belly button pretty clearly through it, and she had a little bit of a stomach pooch (not being mean or judgy...just setting up the story...).
At one point during the conversation, Joe turned to her and asked her if she was expecting.  She said no!  He diverted the awkwardness very well by talking about my pregnancy, but MAN, when he asked her that, I was saying "NO NO NO NO" in my head.  So yeah....Joe quickly learned the lesson that you NEVER ask a girl if she's pregnant, even if she looks like she may be.  

Looking forward to: relaxing this week after all of the traveling, getting back in to a regular schedule, and going back to Babies R Us to register for some more things!

Exercise this week: I haven't been the greatest with exercise this week, but let's see what workouts I got in.
Tuesday-morning BodyPUMP class (so nice to get it done early in the day!)
Wednesday-2.11 mile run + 0.64 mile walk with Tequila
Thursday-short walk with Joe around the horse farm
Friday-rest day
Saturday-rest day
Sunday-3.53 mile walk with Katherine and the dogs
Monday-
Better than nothing!  I'm very much looking forward to being back home and getting back in to a schedule.  We've been going, going, going for about two weeks now!

Baby Fish Feature: Baby's First Christmas Gifts!
As I anticipated, some of our Christmas gifts were for Baby Fish!  I was really excited to open up some cute little outfits and things to help me out when Baby Fish is born.

First, Katherine (my sister-in-law) got us two outfits and a book called Baby Wise.  Joe's cousin swears by this book and said that it helped her get her 2-month old to sleep through the night.  As always, I will read it and decide what works best for my baby, but I'm looking forward to getting some advice on how to do that!
Next, Joe's cousins got us a cute little outfit and a swaddle blanket.  I can't wait to put Baby Fish in both of these things--the swaddle blanket is SO, so soft, and I just thing this outfit is adorable!
I can tell that Baby Fish is loved already :)  I look forward to next year when he/she is with us for Christmas!

Question for you: 

2 comments:

  1. You're rocking those workouts girl! I'm right there with you - I loved getting baby stuff for Christmas! We actually got very few clothes, but ended up with lots of toys and books for Baby Freckle! Baby books are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get the workouts in--luckily, I've been feeling up to them!

      Delete