Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 25 Weeks + Maternity Clothes

Good morning!  Hope your week is off to a great start so far :)  It's going to be an easy one for me--most teachers are giving midterm exams, so I'm just assisting with administering and grading those this week.  Not too bad!

Time to talk about the pregnancy :)

Pregnancy Update: 25 Weeks
How far along? 25 weeks (and two days)

Baby Bump progress: hopefully you can tell the difference between the wall and my shirt!


Baby's Size? a cauliflower! about 9-10 inches long and 1.5 pounds

What's happening this week?  
  • Baby Fish is growing more fat and hair
  • Now knows which way is up and down
  • Capillaries are forming, as well as air sacs in the lungs
  • Nostrils are unplugged--baby can practice taking "breaths" soon
  • Vocal chords are functioning now--the better to cry with later, right?
Total weight gain/loss: As of yesterday, I'm up 13.5 pounds since the first doctor's appointment.  The doctor says that's right on track, so that's good!  Not going to lie though, it is a little tough to see those numbers on the scale.  I just have to keep in mind that the weight gain is all for Baby Fish, so I'll survive!

Stretch marks? no new ones!  Getting better about the cocoa butter, as well :)

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well.  I'll wake up about an hour before my alarm, but luckily I can get back to sleep.  It's also getting a little more uncomfortable to sleep certain ways now that the bump is getting bigger!

Best moment this week: Joe and I were able to do some planning for when Baby Fish arrives this week!  It made me feel a little bit more comfortable with everything when we were able to solidify some plans.  

Miss anything?: alcohol (Joe tried a "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" drink at a bar this week that made me wish I could drink!), bending over comfortably, not going to the bathroom all the time

Movement: Baby Fish is still rockin' and rollin' in there!  I'm still feeling the movement more when I'm sitting down, but I have started to feel some movement while standing.  I guess the little guy/gal is getting stronger!  I THINK I also felt him/her do something to a rib....let's just say that if they continue to do that, it will NOT be comfortable!

Food cravings: I continue to want cheese and sweets, but I've also had a really interesting craving: peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches on the weekend!  
Kinda weird, right?  I guess the sweetness of the jelly is just what I'm wanting when I need something for a meal!

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!  Still doing well on that aspect of things (thankfully!)

Gender: We'll find out when Baby Fish is born :)

Labor Signs: none (thankfully!)

Symptoms: 
  • some cramping every now and then (doctor says it's "growing pains" and totally ok)
  • acid reflux-mainly on the weekends when I'm not eating as healthy as I do during the week
  • hard time bending over, thanks to my expanding stomach
  • as embarrassing as it is...gas :-X  And unfortunately, sometimes I can't control it... #pregnancyproblems
  • sensitive gums
  • some fear/anxiety, but also excitement, about the future
Belly Button in or out? in!

Wedding rings on or off? on!

Happy or Moody? other than randomly tearing up/crying about things, I've been happy for the most part!

Funny moments this week: No one was around for this, but I find it funny now.  I went by Joe's friend Carson's apartment to drop something off on Sunday night (I stitched something up for him) and noticed a U-Haul in front of his place.  I also saw Carson and his family moving stuff out of his apartment.  I knew he'd be leaving town, but I didn't realize it was happening that night!  So, when I got in the car, I just started sobbing!  I'm bad at goodbyes, but I'm sure the pregnancy hormones and the unexpectedness of that goodbye made it extra emotional for me.  I can laugh about it now, but man, it hit me really hard in that moment!

Looking forward to: Christmas and all that comes with it--travel, time with family, all the traditions (not really baby-related, but I know that Joe's family will want to talk about him/her a lot!)

Exercise this week: I didn't quite get in all of the workouts I wanted to, especially over the weekend.  My free time was mainly spent running errands and doing chores around the house, BUT I did get in some activity
Tuesday-rest day
Wednesday-2 miles on treadmill + BodyPump
Thursday-Bowling!
Friday-planned rest day
Saturday-2 mile walk with Tequila
Sunday-rest day
Monday-BodyPUMP class
I'm hoping to do something active each day this week, whether it be a walk with Tequila, a run, or some strength training.  

Baby Fish Feature: Maternity Clothes
This Friday, I made my first maternity clothes purchase!  I kind of put it off as long as possible, partly out of denial, but mostly out of laziness!

Word to those of you looking for maternity clothes: there really aren't too many options at places like Target, Kohl's, etc.  I was looking for good prices, but I just really didn't find what I need until I went to a maternity-specific store.

A friend told me about one such store that is close to us: Motherhood Maternity (they're a national chain).  While their prices are slightly higher than I wanted to spend (especially around Christmas), they do have sales rather frequently.  I was actually able to get two pairs of jeans and two pairs of work pants, each buy-one-get-one-50%-off.  It worked out pretty nicely!

Another word to those of you buying maternity pants of the first time: THEY ARE WEIRD!
To allow room for your belly to expand, the top part is a spandex-type material.  
This was really strange for me when I first saw maternity pants.  I thought it was just a weird brand, but nope, that's what they're all like.  Fortunately, they are really comfortable!  Ever since buying them on Friday, I've worn them every day.  I'm still getting used to the spandex-up-to-the-ribs thing, but at least I can actually comfortably wear pants to work now.

Question for you: Moms or moms-to-be out there, did you have the same reaction as I did to maternity pants?  Everyone else, what's a random food craving you've been having?

1 comment:

  1. Maternity pants are very weird. I just bought my first few pairs, but they are all the low-band kind, so the band sicks under my belly. I don't have much of a bump yet, mostly just looks like pudge, so the over the belly kind just kept sliding down. I'm hoping I can rock these under-belly ones for awhile until my belly gets too big!

    ReplyDelete