Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year-End 2014 Goals Check-in

Back in January, I set a total of 6 goals for 2014.  I discussed my progress toward meeting them throughout the year (one-quarter, halfway, and three-quarters of the way through the year), but let's take a look at whether each goal was met or not overall in 2014.
Deepen my Faith
This is a tough one to say whether it was met or not.  While I did make steps to deepen my faith throughout the year, I feel like there's always progress I could be making.  Two things that I think really helped to deepen my faith this year: completing Beth Moore's Children of the Day Bible study
and volunteering with the youth group.  One of the things I learned through the Bible study was that doing what God has called you to do won't be exhausting to you, that the Spirit will energize you.  Well, helping with the youth group is a place I feel I've been called to be.  I always look forward to it, and it's never anything that tires me out.  Two good steps in deepening my faith, but there is always room to grow!

Run 14 in 2014
After completing a virtual 5K on Sunday with my sister-in-law, this goal is MET!
I can't believe I ran this many races in one year!
I should have met this goal long ago, after signing up for and missing about 4 races throughout the year.  But, I will say that I enjoyed all of the races that I did actually run.  I recapped my year in running already, but for full recaps on most of the races, check out my Races page!

Reduce the Clutter
This year, I went through phases of reducing clutter and then creating clutter.  So, I wouldn't say this goal was met, but I at least attempted to make progress on this one!

Make a t-shirt quilt
While I made steps toward meeting this goal, all I did was get the t-shirts picked out for the quilt.  I hope to actually meet this goal in 2015!

Attend a Conference (or two or three)
I did meet this goal back in January by going to the FLBlogCon FORUM.  I had other conferences I wanted to go to, but those didn't happen.

Do Something Adventurous
This goal was definitely met when I went skydiving in August!
I also feel pretty adventurous in traveling to Dubai using a Groupon (will recap that trip sometime soon).
So, definitely met this goal this year!

The good news is I at least made progress toward all of my goals this year.  Fully meeting 3 of the 6 goals is pretty good in my book, too!  I do plan to set goals for 2015, and I plan on sharing those very soon.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe time celebrating New Year's Eve!  I'll see you in 2015 :)

Question for you: Did you meet your goals for 2014?  What were they?

1 comment:

  1. You traveled to Dubai on a Groupon? I can't wait to hear all about the trip!

    ReplyDelete