Thursday, December 18, 2014

Guest Post: Quick and Easy Enchiladas Verdes

Hey, hey!  Happy Thursday!  I have an exciting guest post to share with y'all featuring a quick and easy recipe, so let's just dive right on in :)

******************************************************************************************************************
Hi guys!  I'm so excited that Amy asked me to come over and chat with you all today!  Even though Amy and I met through the blog world, ironically enough we've since discovered that we have a bunch of friends in real life.  We even went to the same college, but never actually crossed paths (that we know of).  Talk about a small world!  Plus, it's fun because I'm currenlty 16 weeks pregnant, so we can chat about all things baby.

Anyway, I started chatting and haven't even really introduced myself yet.  My name is Stephanie, and I blog over at My Freckled Life, where I chat about food, fitness, and finding a healthy balance as a busy 20-something.  I also blog over at Freckles & Fingerpaint about all things pregnancy.
Today, I wanted to talk to you guys a little bit about dinnertime.  I don't know what it typically looks like in your house, but in mine, it tends to involve me running around like a crazy person, attempting to throw something edible together in between all of our evening meetings, soccer games, rehearsals, and other commitments.

We're busy, and as much as I'd love to make a fancy meal every night, reality is that that is just not happening.

Thus, I've fallen in love with the quick and easy 30-minute meals.The ones that take minimal effort and ingredients, but still taste like I tried.  A busy, pregnant girl's best friend!

So in honor of that, I wanted to share a fun, easy little recipe for you!  This one is becoming a staple in our house, seeing as I'm craving spicy foods constantly.  But you could easily add more heat, or tone it down depending on your preference.
Quick and Easy Enchiladas Verdes
Ingredients:
  • 1 Chicken breast, cooked and shredded
  • 4 oz. neufchatel cheese
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 4.5oz (1 small can) green chilies
  • 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1 cup Mexican cheese
  • 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tbsp taco seasoning
  • 8 corn tortillas
  • 1 cup tomatillo salsa (green salsa)
  • red pepper flakes and chili powder to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix shredded chicken breast, neufchatel, green chilies, greek yogurt, corn, cheeses, and taco seasoning (plus additional spices to taste) in a bowl
  3. Heat corn tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds with a damp paper towel until warm.
  4. Place filling in tortillas with enough room to roll, and place seam-side down in a baking dish.  Top with green salsa.
  5. Cook in oven for 10-12 minutes until warm all the way through.
  6. Serve immediately and enjoy!

I love this dish because it really just involves throwing everything into a bowl, mixing, and shoving it in the oven.  How simple is that?  And by the time it comes out, it is full of warm, bubbly cheese and spicy chicken.  Yummmmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Plus, this dish is really easy to tweak based on your preferences.  You can spice it up or spice it down depending on your tolerance level.  For my veggie friends, you could also easily substitute black beans for chicken.  Pair it with some rice and some veggies and you've got yourself a complete meal!
My one tip to speed everything up is to make sure your chicken is cooked beforehand.  This is really easy to do if you stick it in the crock pot with some chicken stock, and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Then it's super easy to shred!  Plus, if you make a bunch, you can use some for this recipe and save the rest to use later!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this super quick and easy Mexican-inspired dish that is perfect for a busy weeknight.

Thanks again to Amy for letting me take over her blog, and I hope to chat with you all again soon!
******************************************************************************************************************
Thank you, thank you Stephanie for sharing this recipe today!  Stephanie posts easy recipes like this one quite often, so check her out on My Freckled Life!

Question for you: What's a quick and easy recipe that you love?  Share it in the comments (or link to it!)
I know I'd love more ideas, and I'm sure Stephanie would, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment