Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Goodbye HBBC, Hello BBB!

With the end of the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge fast approaching, I knew I needed to find another fitness contest/program to keep me motivated, especially when it comes to strength training!

A lot of people doing the HBBC recommended Tina Reale's Best Body Bootcamp.  I'd heard about it from other blogs I read (like Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers), and Tina was offering a discount to HBBC participants, so I thought "What the heck!"
Image Source
BBB started Monday, and it last for 8 weeks.  There are four phases of workouts, featuring 3 days of strength training and 3 days of cardio.  There is an incentive component to the bootcamp, as you enter your days of activity in a Google doc.  If you get 5 days of activity, you earn one entry in the weekly cash prize!

Yesterday's strength workout was really great.  I can't share the exact workouts, but this phase is all about slow, controlled movements.  It really got my muscles firing!

My half marathon training fits right in the schedule, which means that Treadmill Tuesday is still happening.  I'll just do the cardio workouts on the treadmill and extend them if needed.

I'll be sharing about my BBB experiences throughout the next 8 weeks, and I hope to encourage some of you to try it with me the next round (since it's too late to sign up for this round)!  Check out Tina's site if you want more information about the program.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see your fitness/diet routine up to the half marathon. I've seen a lot of bloggers signing up for it and it is seriously making me want to just on the bandwagon! Love your blog and can't wait to read more....I'm another fitness and health nut over at SoFitandSoGreen.blogspot.com ... I have great, clean and healthy runner's recipes if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delayed response, but thanks for sharing your blog! I'll be sure to check it out, because I haven't been as good about the diet part of my half marathon training.

      Delete