Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK + Circuits

Good evening, y'all!  Hope you had a great day, whether you were working today or you were off like I was.

I had a relaxing morning of reading and laundry, then I finally went to go see Les Miserables!!  This is my favorite musical of all time (I'm a musical junkie!), and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  I thought it was really well done, there was a lot of great acting, and the songs were awesome!  If you like musicals, I highly recommend it :)

On to the usual stuff!

Faith Find
I'm starting my post off with the Faith Find today since I want to share a quote with you from Martin Luther King, Jr. on MLK Day!
Taken at MLK Memorial this summer
Last summer, I visited the MLK Memorial with my aunt, uncle, and brother.  Around the centerpiece of the memorial (shown above) are various quotes from his speeches.  I took pictures of my favorites, and here's one that I think ties in very well to the sermon I heard yesterday:
To me, this means that the only way we can make our world a better place is to love others and help them in their times of need.  This was exactly what I heard yesterday at church, and I feel like our world really would be a better place if we would all bring love and light into each of our days instead of hate and darkness.  Great words, Dr. King!

I'm going to strive to focus on ways that I can help others rather than what I can do to help myself.  I think that in helping others, I will in turn help myself and bring myself happiness.

Today's Training
Today was the first day of Phase 2 of Best Body Bootcamp.  This phase focuses on circuit and endurance strength training, andd today we did 2 circuits of 3 exercises.  Today's focused on the "pull" muscles, and Wednesday's will focus on the "push" muscles.

I was concerned about not resting today after my run yesterday, since my knees are a little sore.  They didn't bother me during this workout, which I was very happy about.

Well, it's time for me to finish watching the Bachelor!  Hope you have a great start of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment