Sunday, November 11, 2012

Broiled Salmon with Rosemary + Saturday fun

Happy Veteran's Day!

I'm very thankful for the brave men and women who have served/are serving our nation and protecting our freedoms.

I wanted to share what Joe and I did yesterday!  We had lots of fun, and I tried a new recipe that I wanted to share with everyone.  But first, a recap of my day.

I actually slept until 10!  I've been waking up very early each weekend, so I was really excited when I was able to sleep in yesterday.  We cleaned our apartment (it REALLY needed it), I went to the grocery store to prepare for dinner/cash in on some buy 1, get 1 deals at Winn Dixie, and ate lunch:

Mixed green salad with tomato, onion, green paper, carrots, cheese, and tuna
After putting the groceries away, Joe and I went bowling with his Campus Guides group!  He gives prospective students to Palmer Chiropractic tours and answers questions, and so I got to join in on their social.
Me in action
Joe in action 
Palmer-Florida Campus Guides
 While I am TERRIBLE at bowling, we had a lot of fun bowling, talking, eating, and laughing with the rest of the group.  As you can probably tell, the Campus Guides are very outgoing and quite hilarious people!

When we got home, I started cooking dinner.  I wanted to cook something other than chicken or beef, and I found this recipe on Pinterest.

Broiled Salmon with Rosemary


Ingredients:
  • Up to 4 salmon filets
  • Olive oil spray
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 tsp chopped rosemary
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Salt and Pepper
Mix lemon juice rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper together.  Brush each salmon filet with mixture.  Spray broiler pan with a light layer of olive oil spray, and broil filets for 4 minutes (1/2 inch thickness).  Add 4 minutes for each additional 1/2 inch thickness.

I served the fish with creamed spinach (SteamFresh microwave version) and some buttered mashed potatoes.  This recipe got RAVE reviews from the husband!  I believe at one point he said, "I don't even want to put my fork down to take a sip of wine, this is so good!"  The fish was very juicy and flavorful.  I definitely think this recipe will become a regular around our house :)

After dinner, we watched the UGA game.  After the 3rd quarter (the Bulldogs were up 31-0), we put on the movie "That's My Boy" with Andy Sandberg and Adam Sandler.  We were entertained, but it's your typical Adam Sandler movie.

So that was our Saturday!  Time to get some planning/grading done, go for a run, and read.  Back later with the usual content for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment