Friday, November 30, 2012

Holiday Cheer + Post-Wednesday Slump

Well, hey there, everyone!  It's been a while!  I had a really long day on Wednesday (gone from 6:30am to 8:00 pm), I didn't sleep well at all on Tuesday and Wednesday night, and so all I did on Thursday was lay around all evening and go to bed early.

Joe and I got our Christmas tree yesterday, and we spent the evening tonight decorating.
I'm a very sentimental person, so I really cherished decorating our first Christmas tree as an official family!  The first ornament we put on the tree was this one that my grandparents gave us while we were there for Thanksgiving.
I guess I should get a picture of us to put in there.  Or, we could just leave this random couple in there.  That's special :)

I love the Christmas season, but it's been really hard to get in the spirit living in Florida.  I associate Christmas with colder weather, and for some reason these highs in the 70s just aren't putting me in the mood.  Hopefully the tree, the rest of the decorating we'll do this weekend, and the Christmas radio station I found today will bring me some holiday cheer where the weather is lacking.

Today's Training
Friday is usually my rest day, and I continued that today as I'm running my first 10k tomorrow morning!  I didn't want to run or do any strength training the day before the race, as I'm going to try to run a mile, then walk .1 miles, run 1 miles, walk .1 miles (etc.)  I'm looking forward to it, and I'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow!

On a related note: Is it just me, or is it so much easier to work out at the beginning of the week, and so much harder to motivate yourself after work on Wednesday?  
This is me Wednesday through Friday
I don't know what it is, but that happens to me every single week. I know I need to get my workouts done before I get home (sitting down on the couch = death sentence to my workout), but it is so hard to get myself to the gym when I am just ready to get home.
Weekend Plans
-Complete 10k tomorrow and the WOW Week 2 Circuit workout and an easy 2 mile run on Sunday
-Host an SEC Championship watching party on Saturday for some of our friends (Go Dawgs!)
-Get the whole week for school planned and ready to go
-Finish reading The Happiness Project for PBFinger's Book Club 
-Have some time to RELAX

After writing all of that out, this sounds like a pretty busy weekend, doesn't it?

Question of the Day: Any ideas to stay motivated for working out during the second half of the week?  
I can certainly use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment