Thursday, November 1, 2012

Festive Fall Trail Mix

Hey, everyone!  Happy belated Halloween and welcome to November!  This week has been quite crazy, with lots of things to do for school, as well as many things to do after school.

I wanted to share with you something I made for my co-workers for Halloween.  I found this recipe for a Fall Party mix on my friend Megan's event planning blog.
4 cups Quaker Oatmeal Cereal Squares (I used the cinnamon ones)
4 cups Miniature Pretzels
1 bag Candy Corn with Pumpkins 
2 cups Halloween or Fall Colored M&M’s (I couldn't find any, so I used Reese's Pieces)
3 1/2 cups of Cracker Jacks Caramel Corn
2 cups of Planter’s Honey Roasted Peanuts
2 cups raisins (I don't like raisins, so I used Chocolate Graham Goldfish)

Once I mixed everything together, I put the mix into cute little Halloween bags I found at Wal-mart:

I had someone helping me watching my every move as I mixed everything together, bagged everything up, and packed the bags up to take to school the next day.

I had some samples, and this is a very good fall mix!  Not only does it look the part, but it tastes like fall, too.  I wish I had shared this before Halloween so ya'll could try it out, but blogging time just got away from me the past few days.

Well, I'm off to finish watching my Hokies take on the Hurricanes.  Hopefully we can pull this game out...maybe?  Possibly?  ...wishful thinking, I guess.  Back tomorrow with my first run of the Pile on the Miles Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment