Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend in Tampa

Another weekend come and gone.  At least there are only three weeks left of school, and this week is a short one for me!

On Friday, Joe and I enjoyed our usual Mexican food before heading home for some pool time.  We took Wewii over and had fun trying to get him in to the water.
Then, we headed to Winghouse with some friends to watch the Miami Heat game.  Joe's a big fan, and I was just along for the social time.  The Heat won, and we got a free order of chips and queso thanks to the manager who lives next door to us!  Score!

Saturday was a day to sleep in.  The alarm was set for step class, but I could tell my body needed the rest.  I was also able to catch up on Glee and Grey's Anatomy, so it was a good morning.

Joe and I took Wewii on a run, and I decided to try out the MapMyRun app on the iPhone.  It worked great, and I love how it talked to you at each mile, telling you the distance and split time.
After that, we loaded up the car and headed to Tampa!  We were going to meet our friends at CineBistro for dinner and The Great Gatsby!
This theatre was so cool!  They have in-theatre food and beverage service before the show, and the seats are like love seats with arm rests!  All the staff was in 1920s attire which really set the mood for the movie, too.

I was so excited for this movie, and it did not disappoint.  I thought the casting was perfect, and they did a great job making the movie feel modern without losing the 20's era characteristics.  They changed a few things from the book, but overall, it was a great movie.

We went back to our friends' house and caught up for a while.  We always have a great time with Amanda and Nicole!

We slept in a little bit on Sunday.  When I got up, I went in to the living room to enjoy the view while reading.

Their place is awesome!  Once everyone got up, we said goodbye to Nicole (who had to study for her last final of law school) and headed to brunch.

We went to a place called Stella's.  It's a cute little place with outdoor seating near the water.  Oh, and the food is delicious!  

We enjoyed our meal, and then it was time to head to the baseball game.  The purpose of our trip to Tampa was to go to the Tampa Bay Rays game.  Joe and I really enjoy going to baseball games, and while we are both huge Atlanta Braves fans, we thought it'd be fun to go cheer on the Rays for an afternoon.

The stadium is indoors, which is PERFECT for Florida at this time of year!  I must say, it was weird to be inside for a baseball game, but I enjoyed the temperature control for sure.  We found a spot in the outfield right above the ray tank!

It was lots of fun to watch the rays swim around (and the people trying to touch them) during the game.  The mascot was in the area, and he posed for a picture when he noticed that we were trying to take one of him.

One of the traditions of the Tampa Bay Rays is to ring cowbells.  I'm not sure where this came from, but Joe loves noise makers at baseball games.  Of course, we stopped by the gift shop so he could join in on the fun.

The Rays won, we got to see a home run, and we had a great time catching up.  Overall, a very fun baseball game!



Afterward, we made the 2.5 hour trip home.  Joe had studying to do, and I had some prep work for the school week.  I got to bed later than I wanted to, but at least everything got done after our fun weekend in Tampa.

Question for you: Do you like going to baseball games?  If so, do you have a favorite team?

No comments:

Post a Comment