Saturday, June 15, 2013

Airport Food Cravings

Greetings from Richmond, VA!  Yesterday, I made the journey from Florida to Virginia for my friends Erin and Nick's wedding.  I'm also planning on spending the week here before meeting Joe in North Carolina for vacation with my family.





I had a 3-hour layover in Atlanta, which I was so excited about.  Not only do I love the Atlanta airport, but I was able to grab lunch from my favorite ATL airport restaurant: Popeye's!   For some reason, whenever I arrive at that airport, I get the taste of their biscuits in my mouth.  I guess I just associate that airport with Popeye's food!

While certainly not healthy, I must say, it was delicious!  Have y'all had their biscuits?  If not, go get one NOW.

When my friend Elizabeth and I decided to meet up for dinner, we chose a much healthier place!  There is a new Saladworks in between both of our houses, so we decided to meet there.  They have some pre-made salads you can choose from, or you can create your own salad from any of the chopped meats and fresh toppings.  I chose the Turkey Club salad with romaine lettuce, wheat penne pasta, tomatos, roast turkey, and bacon.
Image Source
It was a great salad and even better catch-up time!  If you have a Saladworks nearby, I recommend you try it out for a light, fresh, and tasty meal.

Question for you: Do you associate certain foods with certain places?  Have you every been to Saladworks?

It's time to go for a run before getting ready for the wedding!  Hope you have a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment