Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Successful Summer (So Far)

First off, sign-ups for the 2014 Disney Princess Half Marathon opened this afternoon!  Anyone going to join me for the race?  While the Disney races are expensive and a lot of people run them, it really is well-organized and a lot of fun.  I'm already starting to plan my costume!

They're offering a Glass Slipper Challenge this year, where you run a 10k on Saturday and the Half on Sunday.  I considered signing up, but a) it was full before I made my decision, and b) as a semi-beginner runner, I don't know that I'm ready for a half marathon to day after a 10k!  Glad it filled up so I didn't do something crazy :)

Ok, on to the normal stuff.




Tuesday was the launch of the Siesta Summer Bible Study over at the Living Proof Ministries blog.  Yesterday was the first day of "homework" (aka Bible reading and devotion) for the Bible study, and after completing it, I am so excited for the rest of the study!

So much was revealed to me in the first day both about the Word of God and about how I'm living my life.  I'm really feeling that this will be exactly what I need to get out of this spiritual funk I've been in lately.

If you have the time, watch the video that Beth Moore posted on Tuesday at their blog.  She searched for the word "summer" in the Bible, and there were many different verses she referenced that spoke to me.  Pretty neat stuff!

Stay tuned, as I will recap everything I learned in Week 1 of the study next Tuesday.  I hope that the Word of God will speak to you through what I'm learning!





This week is a complete 180 from last week's lack of exercising.  I'm 3-for-3 with workouts this week!  I already told you about going to BodyPump on Monday, so let's check out the rest of my workouts.

On Tuesday, I took Wewii out for a run.  My half marathon training plan called for a speedwork run today, and he's usually good at helping me maintain a fast pace!

Unfortunately, the humidity really got to us.

At least there was a beautiful sunset at the end of the run as a reward.

It was time for a strength workout on Wednesday, and I decided to focus on upper body.  I used the Upper Body Burnout workout that Tina posted on her blog this week (sign up for BBB!).
Workout created by Tina--Image Source
I went through each set of two exercises three times.  In between, I ran around our little block (about .7 miles).

I had great time/splits, which made up for Tuesday's run!  After getting home, I completed three sets of three core exercises for the Clean and Lean Challenge.  Overall, a great workout.  

I'm really proud of how I've been doing this week and hope to ride this momentum in to the rest of the week, as well as the start of Best Body Bootcamp next week!  Between the workouts and the summer study, I'm really feeling successful about this summer so far.  I hope that you are, too!

Question for you: What have you realized about yourself this week that will help you be a better person?  How have you been doing with workouts?

I was planning on posting a recipe today, but this post got rather long rather quickly.  I'll include that tomorrow :)  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment