Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

This is my 200th post y'all!  Since it falls on Father's Day, so I'm dedicating it to all the dads and father figures out there.

It's been really special to be home and hanging out with my dad today.
Dancing with Dad at my wedding last June
My dad is someone that I really admire.  He is hard working, loves sports, enjoys playing board games and telling stories, and is a genuinely caring guy.  He may be a little shy at first, but he's really a lot of fun to be around.  I think that he and I have very similar personalities, and I really hope that I also demonstrate his positive characteristics!

Here's a funny story about my dad: Yesterday, he and my mom went up to Blacksburg to help Eric move his stuff out of his apartment.  Instead of telling me about how much stuff they had to move or how tired he was, he told me about how much fun he and Eric had tossing old furniture in to the dumpster!  They got such a kick out of how high the furniture went and how loud it crashed in to the dumpster that they went walking around the apartment complex look for other things to throw away!  Too funny!
Whole family after Eric's graduation last month
Hope y'all have had a great day with your dads, and I'll be back tomorrow with a recap of my weekend!

Question for you: What's a special trait that you appreciate/admire in your dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment