Monday, November 10, 2014

Disney Weekend Recap

Good Monday morning!  It was quite tough for me to get out of bed, probably due to all the fun and little sleep I got this weekend.  The only thing that pulled me through was that tomorrow, our school district has the day off for Veteran's Day!  I should be able to kick this lack of sleep by then.

Why was I so tired?  Well, let me tell you about my weekend, and you'll find out!

After work on Friday, I ran some quick errands to prepare for our weekend trip to Disney World for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon!  Part of it involved some crafting, which you will see in a little bit :)  I also completed a 2.41 mile shake-out run to prepare for Saturday's race.
Negative splits for a shakeout run?  I'll take it!  Most of that was due to my running buddy Tequila taking multiple potty breaks.

Joe got home from clinic, and we stopped by our favorite Mexican restaurant to allow some time for Orlando traffic to clear up.  We met one of Joe's friend's mom, so it was funny getting to talk with her!

Then, it was time to make our way to Orlando. We stayed off Disney property (mainly because I reserved our hotel last-minute!), so we checked in and relaxed for the evening.  Definitely necessary for the fun Saturday ahead!

I woke up relatively early on Saturday morning, considering how long of a day it wound up being!  I went down to get some breakfast/carb-load, and you better believe I got myself a Mickey Mouse waffle!  In my mind, you can't go to Disney World without getting one :)  Post-breakfast, Joe and I headed to the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon race expo.
After getting my race packet, bib, and race shirt, we walked through the expo for a little while.  We checked out some booths and wound up making a few purchases.  I planned on getting the New Balance runDisney shoes if they had some in my size, and while they didn't have the Minnie Mouse ones in women's sizes, I was able to get a kid's size shoe.  I was pumped about getting the shoe AND, since it was a kid's shoe, I save about $50!  Score!  Check out all the loot I picked up at the expo:
Next up, Joe and I headed back to the hotel for some football, takeout Italian for lunch, and a nap.  I was pretty excited for the race, but luckily I was able to sleep for a few hours before a light dinner and getting ready for the race.
Not my final outfit...more on that later
We left our hotel around 6:45 so that we could park and board the buses to the starting line on time.  At this point, Joe went on in to Epcot for the Finish Line Party and to cheer me on at the end of the race.

I plan to do a full race recap this week (maybe two parts...there's always so much to share about a runDisney race!), but it was quite rainy but still a lot of fun.  More on that later in the week!
Post-race, there was a Finish Line Party, which included entrance in to Epcot, where the International Food and Wine Festival was open!  Joe and I hung around until about 3am, and surprisingly, I wasn't too tired even when we left.
By the time we got back to the hotel and in to bed, it was around 4am.  What a long Saturday, but it was so much fun!!!

I actually woke up at 9:00 in the morning, which was an hour before the alarm!  I got myself another Mickey waffle before we needed to pack up and head home.  I was excited to get back and see this sweet face again!
The afternoon was spent doing chores around the house before it was time to head to youth group.  This week, we took the group to the beach for a bonfire!
It was right at sunset, and it was gorgeous.  We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, shared our highs and lows for the week around the campfire, and played games until it got too dark.  It was a great time!
And for some reason, I didn't go to bed until late on Sunday night, hence the hard time waking up this morning!  Overall, it was a great weekend at Disney World, despite the lack of sleep that will certainly catch up with me soon.

Question for you: What did you do this weekend?  Did you get more sleep than I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment