Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WIAW #42: Healthy Eats for Two!

Hey hey!  We're already halfway through the week, which is hard to imagine.  I guess when you have something to look forward to (the Wine&Dine Half at Disney World for me!), the work week goes by quickly. 

Did everyone go vote yesterday?  I did!
I don't know what it is, but I LOVE going to vote.  It makes me feel special, and I enjoy getting the sticker at the end.  I transferred my sticker to the t-shirt I changed in to after work so I could continue to feel special all evening :)

Ok, enough about that!  It's Wednesday and I remember to take pictures of food this week!  That means it's time to participate in one of my favorite blogging traditions...
It's been a LONG time since I've done a What I Ate Wednesday post, and I'm happy to be back!  Today's post will take a look at what I've been eating in my push to eat healthy for two this week (and for the rest of my pregnancy...and beyond!)!  Let's take a look, shall we?

As always, thank you to Jenn for the #WIAW link-up!  Head over to her blog Peas and Crayons to find out what What I Ate Wednesday is all about, and to check out other bloggers' food!

Breakfasts
I've been eating cereal each morning for breakfast.  I need something carb-y when I wake up, and cereal does the trick!  I've been eating Special K Oats 'n Honey for the last few weeks, and it's quite tasty!

Mid-morning Snacks
I've been eating Greek yogurt with some granola mixed in each day at work.  Pictured is Yoplait Lemon Greek yogurt with French Vanilla Almond Granola from NatureBox mixed in.
The yogurt packs some protein, and the granola adds a nice little crunch with some added staying power.  I really love this snack and look forward to it every day!

Lunches
Thanks to some food prep, I'm back to eating salads for lunch!  
This salad is spinach topped with tomatoes, orange peppers, onions, cucumbers, an avocado, and some southwest BBQ sunflower seeds (also from NatureBox).  I was concerned about the flavor combination of the southwest BBQ and avocado, but it wound up being delicious!  

Side dishes for lunch have varied, but I usually have some sort of fruit (apples or clementines this week) and either some Veggie Straws or carrot sticks

Afternoon Snacks
These have been a range of different things--anything from carrot sticks, a protein granola bar, or something sweet.  I really want to lean more toward the protein granola bar or the carrot sticks/fruit, but sometimes I just can't pass up the sweet stuff :-\  I'm working on it!

Dinners
I usually have a lean protein with some sort of vegetables.  Here's Monday's dinner of pineapple chicken served over rice:
And here's Tuesday's dinner of salmon pinwheels with steamed squash and zucchini:
I'm following a meal plan this week, which has made things so, so easy coming home.  I don't have to think about what to make, which really alleviates the stress!  Plus, I've planned for healthy meals, so there's no falling back on fast-but-unhealthy stuff.  Meal plan means no thinking about dinner at all when I get home!!

Vitamins before bed
I know that it's really, really important for me to be taking prenatal vitamins, so I made sure to pick some more up this weekend (I ran out of free samples from the OBGYN).
That'll help me make sure Baby Fish is getting everything he/she needs to grow strong and healthy!

There you have it!  Trust me, these meals are MUCH healthier than things I was eating over the last few weeks.  I'm happy to be back to my lunchtime salads, and I'm really loving having dinners planned out ahead of time.  I'm also feeling better since I'm eating good things to fuel myself and Baby Fish.  I'm hoping to ride this energy and excitement into the new few weeks to keep up the healthy eating, particularly through the holiday season!

Question for you: What are some healthy things you've eating this week?  Feel free to share recipes or healthy snack ideas--I'd love to try some new things!

1 comment:

  1. Your eats look so healthy and tasty! That salmon pinwheel has got me drooling!

    ReplyDelete