Monday, November 3, 2014

Relaxed Weekend Recap

Good Monday morning, everyone!  Can y'all believe that it's already November?!?  Good grief, where has this year gone!

This weekend, Joe was off in Jacksonville for the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" aka the University of Georgia/University of Florida game.  It was just me and the animals at home, which made for a very relaxing weekend.  Let's go through what I did!

Friday
At work on Friday, the culinary classes were having a grilled-cheese cook-off!  The reading coach invited me to come judge, and boy, was that a great move!
The kids were able to get creative with their grilled cheese sandwiches, and I tried some really delicious sandwiches.  Some of them were dessert-based, so both Baby Fish and I were really pleased with everything we tried!
Next up, time to work at the pumpkin patch one last time!  I was very surprised by the number of people buying pumpkins on Halloween, but I had a good time working at the patch for the last time this year.

On my way home, I picked up some candy for the trick-or-treaters.  We had about 15-20 trick-or-treaters at our house, so that was fun to see the kids in costume.  In between door knocks, I cleaned out the DVR, then fell asleep shortly after turning off the porch lights.  Overall, a relaxing and fun Halloween!

Saturday
We woke up to some chilly temperatures on Saturday morning!  After letting Tequila out and back in, we wound up cuddling in a blanket to get the morning started.
The rest of the day was filled with football, football, and more football.  I watched the Virginia Tech game (another loss :()  then watched the UGA vs. UF game (a loss for UGA :().  Joe and my teams just did not have very good days on Saturday!
I'm pretty sure I fell asleep shortly after the end of the UGA game.  I drifted in and out of sleep the rest of the night, but at least I remembered to set my alarm!

Sunday
After gaining an hour of sleep, I got up early to run a local race: the Palmer Paint the Towne 5K!  The temperature was in the 40s, so it was a little hard to get out there for the race.  I made it with plenty of time to spare and was definitely happy that I did!
Not only was the race pretty easy after running a half marathon last week, but I got the most unique finisher's prize from a race ever--a paintbrush!  Goes along perfectly with the theme of the race :)  I'll be posting a race recap this week, so stay tuned for more later in the week.
I got home, warmed/cleaned up, then headed to church for the late service.  We had a great sermon about the sacrament of communion and being thankful for it.  It was really, really good!

The rest of the day consisted of errands, chores, and helping with youth group.  Joe was back when I got home, so I was really happy to see him (Tequila was, too!).

Well, there's my relaxing weekend for you!  In my mind, that was the perfect way to spend a cooler-than-normal weekend: wrapped up in a blanket cuddling with with puppy and kitty :)  Having the hubby to cuddle with, too, would have made it even better!

Question for you: What did you do this weekend?  What do chilly weekends look like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment