Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WIAW #44: Holiday Sweat Challenge Edition

Happy Wednesday!  I'm coming at ya a little later than normal thanks to not having to work today :)  It was nice to sleep in a little, but now I've got a lot I need to do before heading up to Virginia later today.  That being said, let's just jump right in to today's post!
This week's What I Ate Wednesday will take a lot at how I'm doing so far with the eating part of the Holiday Sweat Challenge.  The Holiday Sweat Challenge (much like the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge I've done the last two years) focuses on exercise and healthy eating during the holiday season!  The challenge started this week, so not only to I record points for workouts, but I get a point for each day that I eat 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables.  I get another point for drinking 8 glasses of water a day, too.

So, let's take a look at my eats from Tuesday and see if I got my fruits+veggies point!  As always, thank you to Jenn for the link-up!  Head over to her blog to see what other bloggers are eating!

Breakfast

In addition to my normal bowl of cereal (Honey Nut Cheerios this week), I had a clementine to get in some fruit in the morning.  Pretty tasty breakfast!

Morning Snack

I had my normal Greek yogurt with some granola mixed in.  I'm loving this for my morning snack, since it's yummy and keeps me full until lunch!

Lunch

My lunch was packed with fruits and veggies!  I had a salad with tomatoes, red peppers, onions, and some leftover taco meat from Monday's dinner.  On the side, I had an apple and baby carrots.  Quite a healthy little lunch!

Afternoon Snack
I didn't get a picture, but I had a snack-bag of Goldfish crackers and slices of half of a green pepper.  Add another veggie to the count!

Afternoon Snack #2
Again, no picture, but I was still kind of hungry after work.  I had a Nature Valley Protein Bar.  These are really good to fill me up and satisfy my sweet tooth, since the bottom has dark chocolate on it :)

Dinner

Joe had some plans with friends for dinner that I didn't want to join in on (it was really rainy and I didn't want to go back out!), so I had some rotini pasta topped with parmesan cheese, onion, and red peppers. On the side, I had some steamed spinach.  It was a pretty light but satisfying dinner!

Dessert

For dessert, I tried this Kodiak Cake Minute Muffin in Double Dark Chocolate.  I won a set of 4 of their Minute Muffins in a giveaway on Annette's blog!  I was really excited to try these out.
The Minute Muffin was really tasty and a healthy way to enjoy a little something sweet after dinner.  Enjoyed while watching the Dancing with the Stars season finale!

Workout
I went straight to the gym after work and completed a 25-minute, 2 mile run/walk on the treadmill before a 30-minute BodyPump Express class.  It felt good to finish off my work week with a good workout.

Well, after looking at my meals, I did a great job of getting in all of my fruits and veggies for the day!  I'm really excited and motivated for the Holiday Sweat Challenge this year (I'm sure Baby Fish has something to do with it), and I'm hoping to ride that excitement and motivation all the way through to New Year's Day!

Just so y'all know, I won't have a post for your tomorrow, but I'll be back on Friday.  I hope that all my US readers have a very happy Thanksgiving.  Be safe while traveling!  To all my other readers, I hope you have a great rest of the week :)

Question for you: What are some of your favorite ways to up your fruit and veggie intake?

4 comments:

  1. I tend to get more of my fruits than veggies during my days. The best way I can get it all in is to spread it out throughout the day like you have. No one wants to just eat fruits/veggies for a meal. Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, I normally get in more veggies! Though I have been eating fruits as "desserts" lately--it works!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I just grate in a little carrot/ zucchini into anything ( pasta dishes, muffins, sauces, bakes etc) or tear in some spinach to hot dishes, as it just melts away and also just adding spinach or kale to smoothies- easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought of grated carrots or zucchini on top of different meals--good idea!

      Delete