Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 22 Weeks + Making our Registry!!

Hey y'all!  How's it going?  It's my last day of work before we get 3 days off for Thanksgiving, so I'm doing pretty well!  I'm thankful that I have tomorrow off, since traveling will be a little easier (hopefully) earlier in the day.

Time to talk pregnancy around here today!  Let's jump right on in with my 22 weeks pregnancy update!

Pregnancy Update: 22 Weeks
How far along? 22 weeks (and two days)

Baby Bump progress: Joe took a good one this week :)
I feel like my bump changes shape from day-to-day and depending on the time of day.

Baby's Size? a papaya!  Around 9-11 inches long and weighs between 13-20 ounces.

What's happening this week?  
  • Eyes and lips are more developed--Baby Fish is starting to look more like a newborn!
  • Speaking of eyes, baby can now perceive light and dark
  • Sleeping in cycles, about 12-14 hours a day
  • Baby can also hear sounds--my voice, my heart beating, blood moving, stomach rumblings, and other loud sounds in the "outside world"

Total weight gain/loss: As of my last appointment, a total of 10 pounds since my first doctor's appointment

Stretch marks? no new ones!  I've started slacking with the cocoa butter, but now that I'm starting to show a lot more, I know I need to get back on it!

Sleep: Still sleeping well, other than waking up about an hour before my alarm each day.  Luckily, I'm able to go back to sleep, but it's annoying!  I also haven't been able to sleep in much on the weekends.  I guess I'm getting ready for the lack of sleep I know is coming when Baby Fish arrives!

Best moment this week: Joe and I had a really low-key but fun weekend.  We got out and were social some, but there was also ample time to relax!  Perfect mix for me, since going out is not always the most fun for me when I'm the only one not drinking.

Miss anything?: sleeping through the night, having to be careful which what I'm eating (I wanted to order ahi tuna at a restaurant on Saturday, but that's a no-no!)

Movement: Baby Fish seems to be pretty active!  I believe his/her feet are on my left side, so any time I lay down on that side, I feel some little kicks. Every now and then, I feel something on the right hand side, so I guess he/she is stretching out!

Food cravings: This week has been alllll about the sweets.  I've been craving the lemon pound cake from Starbucks.  Quite a pricy little craving all week, though.

Anything making you queasy or sick: not that I can think of this week!  I'm thankful that that seems to be behind me.

Gender: our ultrasound tech knows, but we don't!  We'll find out when Baby Fish is born :)

Labor Signs: none (thankfully!)

Symptoms: 
  • The forgetfulness continues!
  • Some small cramps (growing pains, I'm sure!)
  • Some indigestion
  • Getting very hungry pretty quickly--and getting hangry if I don't get food right away!
Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody? I've been slightly more moody this week, though I'm happy most of the time.  I do get a little impatient with people faster than I normally would (I think)

Funny moments this week: I think the funniest thing was how overwhelmed Joe and I both were while registering for baby items!  There was so much stuff in the store, and we were both a little clueless about what all we needed!  After talking to some friends at work yesterday, that seems to be a normal feeling for first-time parents!

Looking forward to: doing more research into baby items (more details below) to solidify our baby registry, seeing family this week

Exercise this week: Workouts were o.k. this week, but not my best week.
Tuesday-2.34 mile run
Wednesday-one-hour BodyPump class + 25 minute incline walk
Thursday-rest day
Friday-2 mile walk with Tequila
Saturday-rest day
Sunday-rest day
Monday-1.54 mile run + 0.76 mile walk with Tequila-it was warmer than Tequila and I expected, so our run turned to a walk!
I made a plan for workouts this week, and I'm hoping I can stick to it, especially with traveling for Thanksgiving! I also have my last half marathon of the year on Sunday, so there will be some activity this week, at least!

Baby Fish Feature: Making our Registry!
On Saturday, Joe and I began the process of our baby registry!!  Back when we registered for wedding gifts, Joe was less-than-enthusiastic to do it because he felt weird "asking people for gifts."  He shared a similar sentiment before we got to Babies R Us, but he wound up getting in to looking at the different items and found some things he liked!

We wanted to get a few things on the registry in case anyone wanted to buy us baby stuff for Christmas.  The main thing we really decided on was a theme and bedding for the nursery!  Check it out.
Image Source
Pretty cute, huh?  I wanted a jungle animal theme, and when Joe was cool with the Disney stuff, we went the Lion King over Finding Nemo (though that set was adorable, as well!!) in case Baby Fish is a girl.  The Nemo stuff was just a lot of blue!

We also looked at strollers, car seats, and portable sleeping sets.  That's where we'll need to do some research! We like the travel systems for strollers (includes an infant car seat that snaps in and out of a base in the car and a place in the stroller), but we don't know the best brand.  We also don't know if we want to go the pack-and-play route for portable sleeping or not.  Decisions, decisions!

Luckily, we'll have some time this week to do some research before making a final decision on brands and everything.  It's hard to plan for something you've never experienced before!  Luckily, we had a few close friends and a family member we can turn to, which has been very very helpful!

Question for you: Have you ever registered for a wedding or baby?  Any suggestions on things we need to have for Baby Fish?

No comments:

Post a Comment