Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 20 Weeks + Baby' First Shower!

I must start out this post by saying a big HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY to all of the veterans out there!  I have the utmost respect for you putting your life on the line to protect and serve your country!  I am so thankful for your service!

Also, a special shout out to my own personal veteran, Joe!
Sorority formal in April 2009
He served as a Navy Corpsman (medic for the Marines) for 5 years, and I'm so proud of him!  Thanks, baby, for your service!  I love you!

Ok, on to your regularly scheduled post...time to see how my pregnancy is going!

Pregnancy Update: 20 weeks

How far along? 20 weeks (and two days)

Baby Bump progress: Still a little blurry, but you can certainly see Baby Fish's progress!

Baby's Size? A Banana!  About 10.2 ounces and 6.5 inches long.

What's happening this week?  
  • Baby's taste buds are developing
  • Gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid a day (that sounds gross, but I guess it's good!)
  • Development of reproductive organs
  • Flipping, twisting, and turning around while he/she has plenty of room in the womb!

Total weight gain/loss: about 6 pounds since my first doctor's appointment

Stretch marks? just the two around my armpits :( They still aren't deep (they really just look like an indention created from sleeping on a clump of shirt/blanket), so I'm doing my best to prevent them from getting any worse!

Sleep: still sleeping great!  From what I hear, I need to keep enjoying this while it lasts!  Something cute that happens when I sleep: Tequila curls up right by my tummy each night when we go to sleep.  It's kind of adorable, and I like to think she's trying to cuddle with Baby Fish, too!

Best moment this week: Baby's first baby shower!  More on that in today's Baby Fish Feature :)

Miss anything?: running at the pace/ability I'm used to, drinking regular coffee, wine, and fitting in to my jeans!

Movement: I'm pretty sure I've felt Baby Fish move now, but again, I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is baby or not!  I talked to one of my friends who had a baby recently, and she said she didn't know she felt movement until 26-30 weeks.  I still have time!

Food cravings: Carbs and sweets this week.  I couldn't get enough of them--perfect for running a half marathon this week!

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!  I'm so thankful that hasn't been bother me recently

Gender: we'll find out when Baby Fish arrives!

Labor Signs: none (thankfully!)

Symptoms: 
  • I got my energy back!  Woop woop!
  • Hungry pretty consistently throughout the day
  • Some indigestion
  • Shortness of breath--things are starting to encroach on my lungs!

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody? I was really happy throughout the week, though I do think I'm a little less patient with people lately.  

Funny moments this week: on Wednesday at work, I looked down at one point and was shocked to see that my stomach looked bigger than earlier in the morning!  I couldn't believe how much more I was "showing" later that day!  People even made comments the next day, saying they could really tell a difference in the size of my bump.  It was pretty funny, but I'm also happy that people can tell I'm pregnant now :)

Looking forward to: the next ultrasound (on Monday!!!) when we'll get to see all of Baby Fish's anatomy; KNOWING when I feel movement

Exercise this week: This week's workouts were focused around prepping for the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon on Saturday night.
Tuesday-evening walk with Tequila
Wednesday-rest day
Thursday-rest day
Friday-2.41 mile shake-out run
Saturday-Wine and Dine Half Marathon!  It was raining the whole time, but overall it was a fun race (more on that later in the week)
Sunday-rest/recovery day
Monday-wanted to go on a walk, but the rain stopped that!
Not bad at all!  This week, I'm planning on going to BodyPump on Wednesday for some strength training, and I have a 5K to run on Saturday morning.  Should be a good week of exercise :)

Baby Fish Feature!: First Baby Shower
Joe is a member of the Campus Guides at his school, and at their meeting this month, they threw him a surprise baby shower!
The girls who organized it contacted me to invite me to come, but I couldn't get out of a presentation at work :(  I was so honored that they would have a shower for us, though, and really wish I could have been there!

The funniest thing was that they had everything set up (that adorable fruit baby, pink and blue cupcakes, gifts, etc.) and Joe did not even notice at first!  But, once he figured out what was going on, he was so surprised and happy that they threw a shower for him.  

The other Campus Guides gave us some great gifts that Baby Fish will certainly get use out of!  And, Joe saved me some cupcakes from the shower.  Good man :)
Thank you so, so much to the Campus Guides for throwing us our first shower!  Joe and I both really appreciated it, and it was so nice and thoughtful to surprise him with this.  He loved it :)

Well, there you have it!  As I type this, I feel like Baby Fish knows we're talking about him/her--I think he/she is moving around to say hello right now!

Also, if you have any questions for me or any ideas on what I should write the Baby Fish Feature about , let me know!  You can e-mail me (see the Contact page) or just leave your ideas in the comments!  I'd love to write what Y'ALL want to know about!

Question for you: Have you ever thrown a baby shower for someone and/or been to one?  Any ideas what I should write the Baby Fish Feature about?

No comments:

Post a Comment