Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Birthday Weekend

Hey, everyone!  Why I haven't been able to post this before now, I don't know!  School just wrapped up today (though I still work 2 more weeks), but I've had a lot to finish up with test scores coming up and dealing with all of the new schedule changes.

Let's talk about this birthday weekend, though!  I don't have TOO many pictures, but let's see what I've got:

Friday
As I mentioned, Friday was my birthday!  After school, I drove straight to the Magic Kingdom to meet up with my friend Krista.  She was there with the seniors from the school she teaches at, but we still had a lot of fun!
I had a great time catching up with her a little, riding rides (we got in all the big ones plus It's a Small World),
and catching the shows at Cinderella's castle.
AWESOME projection/animation show!
Great times!  Definitely a magical way to spend a birthday!

Saturday
Saturday morning was a lazy one, but I always like to start my Saturdays that way!  I drank some coffee while finishing my book The Violets of March by Sarah Jio (good read!).

On Saturday afternoon, I went to the math department end-of-the-year party at my friend Jen's house.  There were only a few of us there, but we had a great time just relaxing after the school year.  Jen made some homemade sangria that was really tasty, so we definitely enjoyed that!

On Saturday night, Joe took me out to dinner for my birthday.  He told me we were going to one restaurant that we had a coupon at in New Smyrna, but he tricked me!  We wound up going to That's Amore, my favorite restaurant!  He's a sneaky one :)  We had a very tasty dinner, and our server was great!  She brought us out a complimentary homemade tiramisu when she found out it was my birthday.  Score!
Recycled picture, but I ALWAYS get the gnocchi with pesto sauce :) YUMMM
The surprises didn't stop there--on the way home, Joe stopped at Dairy Queen so that I could get a Blizzard.  We went with the Reese's Blizzard and split it (we were very, very full from dinner).  What a nice little treat to end a great evening :)  Props to Joe for the special surprises for my birthday!

Sunday
Sunday morning was Act 2 of the play at church.  Things went very well again, so I'm looking forward to the last three acts!  The acts start getting a little more serious, but I'm looking forward to everyone seeing the progression of my character.  It's a wonderful play!

The rest of Sunday was spent relaxing, cleaning, and getting some errands done.  We ending the weekend by watching the Miami Heat basketball game.  Joe's friend, James, came over and brought his dog, so Tequila had a lot of fun while we watched the game.  Glad the Heat won!

Workouts
Quite honestly, workouts didn't really happen last week. I went to BodyPump and for a run on National Running Day with Tequila, but that was about it.
I REALLY need to get with my training schedule for ZOOMA Chicago.  I've been letting other things get in the way of exercising, which really isn't going to help me reach my goals for the ZOOMA race.  Feel free to keep me accountable this week via social media (Twitter or Instagram) or in the comments so that I get to my workouts!

Question for you: What is your favorite meal that you eat on your birthday?
I always like to go to a favorite restaurant (chain or local--depends where I am) and get my usual dish.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday weekend!! My birthday always falls during football season - so that last few years we've celebrated by going to a Tech game! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a fantastic birthday celebration!!

      Delete