Monday, June 2, 2014

Working Weekend + ZOOMA Half Training Week 1

Well, it's Monday of the last week of school!  This is always a joyous time in the lives of school teachers and students.
As part of my job as a coach, I get to work for 10 extra days, though, so not as exciting that school is almost out!  It's all good, though.  I enjoy what I do :)

Going to do a quick weekend recap since I didn't take ANY pictures.

Friday
We went to a Cubs baseball game with a bunch of people from Joe's class.  We had a great time (as always), especially playing with the kids I usually babysit.  Afterward, we went to Winghouse for some appetizers and to watch the rest of the Miami Heat game.

Saturday
I spent all day Saturday in Gainesville working at the Algebra Nation workbooks!  It was a long day, but we're making progress.  It's going to be great!

Before heading home, I got to spend some time with my sister-in-law Katherine.  It was great to see her and catch up for a little bit!

Once I got home, Joe and I watched/listened to some stand-up on Netflix.  It was great to unwind a little with him and get some good laughs!

Sunday
Sunday was the first day of the plays I'm going to be in at church!  It went well (I remembered all my lines!!), and I'm looking forward to the rest of the Sundays in June, especially if they all go as well as today did.

I spent the rest of Sunday hanging around the house.  I'd been really busy the past week, so it was nice to just nap, watch TV, and veg out.  Good times!  Pablo enjoyed the lazy Sunday, as well.
Sunday evening was spent watching the WWE Pay-per-view at one of Joe's friend's houses.  We discovered that she loves to follow a laser pointer around.  Looks like we need to go buy one of those!

ZOOMA Chicago Half Marathon Training Week 1
Each week, I'll recap how training went for me.  I'll list what was supposed to happen, and if I did something different, I'll use the strikethrough font and put what I did do.  I'm hoping there will be a lot of sticking to the plan throughout the training!

Monday-20 min run + strength I actually wound up running 3 miles.  BodyPump wasn't happening due to Labor Day, but I still got my running in!
Tuesday-Yoga I did a strength workout--upper body supersets with 1.5 miles of running mixed in
Wednesday-3 miles speedwork I went to the gym after work and used the treadmill for speedwork!
Thursday-strength/yoga rest day
Friday-2 miles or Crosstrain rest day
Saturday-5 miles rest day
Sunday-rest

Training started out on a strong note and went downhill toward the end of the week.  I think the stress of everything piling up was keeping me from being motivated to work out.  It goes back to what I was saying about stress--I KNOW that working out will help me, but I go for the "quick fixes" of eating sweets, drinking wine, or just vegging out on the couch first.  It's going to be a mindset I'm working to fix this summer, starting this week.

Question for you: Do you prefer lazy or packed-with-fun weekend days?

No comments:

Post a Comment