Sunday, June 1, 2014

Friday Five 5/30: Five Random Thoughts

I just logged in to start Monday's post and happened to see that this post never published!  Oops!  Going ahead and publishing, even though it's a little late.

Good morning!  It's another busy week around here, so guess what has taken the back seat?  I'm hoping that things will calm down *fingers crossed* after this weekend (they should, at least), so I'll get back to a more regular blogging schedule.

Well, it's Friday, so I thought I'd share five random things from this week!

1.  If you're wondering what I've been so busy with, I'm working on writing lessons for next year's Algebra Nation workbooks!
Algebra Nation is a program through University of Florida to help Florida Algebra 1 students prepare for their End of Course exam.  It's got a lot of really neat stuff included in the website, and I'm pretty honored that someone suggested that I help write the new lessons.  It's been a lot of fun, but it's also very time consuming!  I'm trying to be very thorough and write good lessons, because I know that a lot of students and teachers will rely on these next year.  Pretty cool!

2.  My first rehearsal for the one-act plays at church is today.
Two days before the first performance.  I guess it's time to learn my lines!  Ahhh!

3. Joe and I went to another Cubs baseball game on Wednesday.  As I was looking through the program, I saw Baseball Sudoku (Sudoku with the 9 positions instead of number), so you know I was entertained for a little bit!
There was also a point where the sky looked a lot like the Cubs' players jerseys (they wore those pink and blue camo ones again), and I thought that was pretty cool.
4.  Those kabobs we made on Monday have been making my lunches awesome all this week!
We had a few left over, so I topped my salad with the grilled chicken and veggies until they were gone.
After that, there were some seasoned veggies left over from the kabob making that I've been using on my salad.  Still very good!  We may have to start doing these more often!

5. I already started getting birthday cards in the mail (my birthday is next Friday)!
My friend Kristie was ON TOP of things this year (and I still haven't mailed her present...going on 2 months late now).  She always puts that little reminder on the envelope for me since she KNOWS I want to just open it when I get it.  I'm being good, though.  The envelope is still unopened :)

Well, that's about it for me today!  I've got a busy weekend ahead, but I think it should be fun at the same time!  Hope you have a great one :)

Question for you: Do you want to open all your birthday cards right when you get them, or do you wait until your actual birthday?

1 comment:

  1. I try to wait until my actual birthday...and usually I can do that pretty well!

    ReplyDelete