Friday, June 20, 2014

Currently Survey (from my sick bed)

Good Friday morning!  I came down with a nasty stomach bug on Wednesday night, and I'm just now feeling well enough to get on the computer.  You know I'm not feeling well when I don't get on the computer for a day!  I guess that Joe really had this stomach bug last weekend rather than food poisoning like we originally thought.  I just hope no one else gets it--it's no fun at all!

Since I'm still not 100% but didn't want to leave you lovely readers hanging, I thought I'd fill out this survey I saw on Chelsea's blog this week.   I actually did the same survey just over a year ago, so it was kind of fun to read back over that and see what I said last year!  So here we go :)

Current Book: I'm reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult.  I've heard so many good things about this book that I had to get it from the library.  It was a little slow for me to get in to, but I'm about 70 pages in now and I think I'm hooked!
Image Source
Current Music: I'm not listening to anything right now, but lately I've been really in to streaming the local pop music station 103.3 The Vibe while I'm working.
Image Source
I really like the morning show people, and the radio station does a good job of playing the popular songs a lot while still mixing in some other songs so they don't overplay stuff.

Current Guilty Pleasure:  The Bachelorette.  Every season, I get hooked even though I tell myself I won't.  I just find the Bachelorette more relatable than the Bachelor (duh), and I really like Andi because she's from Atlanta.
Image Source
And yes, I read the spoilers.  I hope they're correct this season!

Current Nail Color: My finger nails are rarely painted, but I have a shiny dark purple polish on my toenails from my brother's wedding.  They still look pretty good,  but I think it's about time to change that--it's almost been a month!

Current Drink: Switching between water and ginger ale.  I know ginger ale isn't really part of the Advocare 24DC nutrition plan, but recovering from this stomach bug is priority #1 right now!  I'll pick back up with the 24DC when my stomach is back to normal.

Current Food: Not really eating anything right now :-X but I did have some crackers earlier.

Current Favorite Show: Other than the Bachelorette, Joe and I just started watching Season 4 of Dexter on Netflix.
Image Source
Some of my other favorites are on their summer break (Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Glee), so it's time to binge watch some other shows :)  I'm also finishing up Weeds--I used to watch that show in college but lost interest right after Season 5 or 6.  I decided to finish up the series recently.  Definitely not as good as the first few seasons, but it's a little better than seasons 4-5 in my opinion.

Current Wish List: I really want a Fitbit.  I think I'm going to use my birthday money plus a Best Buy gift card (if they have them there...) I have to buy one soon.
Image Source
Current Needs: to feel better.  Like, now.  I hate being sick!

Current Indulgence: Since doing the 24DC, I really haven't been indulging in food/drink, and I haven't wanted to which is great!  BUT, I have been indulging in some online shopping recently and I need to stop.  Not so good for my wallet, but oh-so-fun for me to try everything on once it arrives!

Current Blessing: Lately, I've just been feeling really blessed with all of the people in my life.  I've been thankful for my family, my friends, and my coworkers lately.  I've also tried to be more intentional about letting people know that I care lately, as well as spending time and/or contacting the people that I love frequently.
I'm blessed to have so many great people around me!

Current Outfit: pajamas.  Best outfit for being sick on the couch all day!

Current Excitement:  I'm hoping I'll feel well enough to go to the Cubs baseball game tonight and take Tequila for Dog Days!  But, the other big excitement is going up to Maine in a few weeks for vacation!  Joe's classmate lives up there and invited us up for his birthday/4th of July.  Should be a good time!

Question for you: pick one of the "questions" above and answer it!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon!! Although at least you're done with school, right? I can only imagine how much worse it would be if you were this sick during the school year! Get some rest and I'm sure you'll be back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a loving The Bachelorette this season too!

    I am getting a FitBit from work and I can't wait! They do a walking competition every year and this year we were offered FitBits at a discounted price to use as our pedometers! I should be getting it soon because the competition starts July 7th!

    ReplyDelete