Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mio+Tough Circuit+F.R.O.G.

Diet tip of the Day: I love Mio Liquid Water Enhancer!  I have such a sweet tooth, and when I saw a bag of Skittles on the counter that Joe bought, I got a craving.  I wasn't even hungry, but I wanted some Skittles just because they were there. It's not one of my "cheat days" (I'll get to that in a few days...), so I couldn't have any.  To curb the craving, I add Mio to my water, and it was the perfect way to satisfy my sweet tooth.  I used the Berry Pomegranate flavor, and it is quite tasty!

Today's Training: My first strength training day consisted of a circuit workout from one of my new favorite blogs.  When I got home from teaching, I thought about just making today a rest day.  I wound up finishing everything I needed to do around the house and did make it to the gym this evening!  Here is the circuit workout I did, which hit just about every muscle group:
After not doing much as far as strength training goes in a while, this workout was TOUGH!  I got through it, though, and I feel very good about actually getting off the couch this evening and sticking to my schedule.

Faith Find: As I stated to begin with, I want to use my workout time as prayer time.  Today I started out praying, then during the course of the tough exercises, I started worrying about completing it.  I've been down the worry road WAY too many times to know that relying on myself doesn't work.  So, after 20 seconds of the plank when I thought I couldn't make it another 40 seconds, I prayed.  I just talked to God for the rest of the plank, and I made it!  If God's going to be there for me to rely on when I need to get through a plank, just think what would happen if I rely on Him all the time.  Reminds me of the ring I used to have that said "F.R.O.G." on it, standing for Fully Rely on God.  Definitely need to F.R.O.G. each and every day!

Up next is a 2-mile run tomorrow.  I'm going to try and find a dirt trail to run on to lessen the stress on my legs.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment