Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ground Turkey + Treadmill Workout

Diet Tip of the Day: I picked up a pound of ground turkey while at the store last week and tried it tonight in a Hamburger Helper meal.  I figured if I was going to be eating Hamburger Helper (I'm not knocking it, Joe and I have at least one of those for dinner each week) then I could add something healthy to it by using ground turkey!  It is much more lean than ground beef, and the taste isn't really too different, especially in Hamburger Helper.  The only thing that would keep me from buying it again would be the price tag: $7/pound vs. $4/pound of lean ground beef. :-X  As a newly married couple with one income right now, I don't know that $7/pound (plus $1.50-$2 for the Hamburger Helper meal) is going to work financially for us!  I may throw it in every now and then, since it was tasty and is definitely healthier.

Today's Training:  After a mid-afternoon Florida thunderstorm, I decided to take my running inside and used this treadmill workout, but I cut the times in half to meet my training needs.  I also was interested to see if running on the treadmill would reduce the shin splints I'd been experiencing lately.  Well, I made it to 19:30 following this plan, but the pain in my shins became too much.  I'm thinking I may need to go back to the shoe store and exchange my running shoes :-\  I did walk the rest of the 30 minutes, so at least I stuck to my training schedule!

Faith Find:  Today, it's more of a faith question.  I started to feel as though I was doubting God when I had to stop running.  During my runs, I've been putting my trust in Him to give me the energy and breath to finish the runs.  When the pain started in my leg, I just couldn't keep going.  At first I saw it as God's way of saying "Your body needs a break, slow it on down!"  But, then I started to wonder if that was the devil's way to trying to get between God and me.  This is something that I'll keep dealing with, and hopefully I'll be able to find the answer!  If you have insight, please share in the comments.

Hopefully I can get my shoes exchanged and my shins feeling better before I get back to the running on Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment