Monday, August 19, 2013

13-14 School Year Goals

The 2013-2014 school year has officially begun!
First Day Outfit!
I enjoyed meeting my new students today, but man, I forgot how exhausting talking and standing all day can be!  I'll just have to get back into the routine, and hopefully I'll be used to it by next week.

With the beginning of each new school year, I like to set some goals for myself, both personal and school-related.  I mentioned before that my anti-laziness project goals are still going to be in effect, but I have a few over-arching goals (including school) that I wanted to share.

Reduce the clutter.
This seems to be a theme in my life!  I let clutter pile up both in my classroom and at home.  I've set myself up for success on this goal in both places, and I'm hoping to stick with it and make immediate organization a priority!

Use time wisely.
This incorporates many of my anti-laziness goals in lots of areas.  It also incorporates school.  I need to use my time at school to get school things done so that I wind up taking less work home.  There's plenty I need to get done after school, and I don't need to add more things to my to-do list!

Prioritize.
I need to make sure that I'm putting the most important things first, both in and out of school.  I think if I can prioritize, all of my anti-laziness goals will fall in to place.

I'm going to keep it at three goals, which I think are manageable.  Feel free to ask me how things are going!

Last, just a head's up: Best Body Bootcamp registration for the fall round is now open!  If you register Monday 8/19, the program is $30.  After that, the price goes to $40 for an 8-week exercise program.  As you know if you read my blog regularly, you know that I love BBB and highly recommend you sign up!  It's a great way to start a strength training routine, as well as great accountability and motivation to regularly exercise!

Question for you: What time of year do you usually set goals for yourself?
I find that I actually stick to school year goals over New Year's goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment