Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Working the Upper Body

Greetings!  How is your week going?  I realize that I didn't do a weekend recap post, so let's quickly look at the weekend:
-super lazy Friday afternoon/evening.  Joe and I slept until about 7:30, then watched Mean Girls and Waiting
-I read a lot on Saturday (still working on Inferno by Dan Brown)
-Mexican-themed night at our house!  We didn't make it to our usual Mexican food dinner Friday, so Joe made margaritas
and I made a chicken tortilla casserole.
It was DELICIOUS!  The recipe will be posted soon :)  Then, we watched some Redbox movies: Olympus Has Fallen and Scary Movie 5.

-Church on Sunday, picked up groceries, then went to the beach with Joe and his friend Carson
After that, I went on my last long training run before the Rock 'n Roll Virginia Beach half on Sunday.
I enjoyed an ocean ice bath after I struggled to finish 8 miles.
Then, it was time to get some planning done and prepare for the week!  Overall, a relaxing weekend :)

Now, let's take a look at this week.





In preparation for the half marathon on Sunday, I'm taking it easy on my legs.  I saw the chiropractor today for some Graston on my legs, and I'm planning on foam rolling each day this week.  I hit up the gym for a strength workout and focused on the upper body.  After a 10-minute treadmill incline wlak as a warm-up, here's the workout I completed:
I completed each round three times through with 15 reps of each exercise (except for the YTIs-I did 8 reps).  I rested for a minute, then completed the next round.  My muscles are feelin' good this evening!  It's been a while since I've worked those muscles, and I'm happy I did that workout today!

Here are some video demonstrations of some of the exercises listed:
Question for you: What did your workout look like today?

No comments:

Post a Comment