Friday, August 2, 2013

Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Good morning, y'all!  Today is my last "nothing on the schedule" day before the school year starts.  I'm making sure to enjoy the easy-going pace before things pick up next week.





On Wednesday, I showed you the cookies I baked/ate as a snack on Tuesday.
I HAVE to share this recipe with y'all because these cookies are just so darn good!  I really love to bake them, and everyone who eats them just raves about them!  Here's a former co-worker's response when I sent her a picture of these cookies:
And Joe's classmate's response after I forced encouraged him to take most some of them to share with his class:
So, without further ado...
Ingredients

  • 2 sticks of butter, softened
  • 1 box red velvet cake mix
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1 bag white chocolate chips
Directions
1. Soften the sticks of butter.  DO NOT MELT THEM.  (I usually leave them sitting out on the counter for a while before making these cookies)
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Beat butter until it's smooth and creamy.

3. Gradually mix in the red velvet cake mix and cup of flour.
Will be a bit clumpy at this point
4. Mix in the egg.  This will make the batter relatively smooth.  Stir in the white chocolate chips.
5. Roll in to 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes.
A few notes:
  • These cookies are by no means healthy.  In fact, they are so good it's nearly impossible to just eat one at a time.  Feel free to use baking substitutes for butter if you'd like (I've never tried them, so I can't offer any suggestions).
  • I use an electric mixer.  You can use a spoon and mix manually, but it'll take a lot longer.
  • The batter can be messy.  Your hands will turn red when making the batter balls, but wash your hands when you're done and it'll come right off.
  • You can also use chocolate chips if you'd like, but it's not as good as the white chocolate chips :)
Enjoy these tasty treats!

Question for you: What is your favorite dessert to bake?
Mine is a toss-up between these cookies and cookie brownies.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment