Saturday, August 24, 2013

Being Thankful

Good morning!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start!




The last few days have been really stressful for me (I'll explain everything as soon as I can!), and so I wanted to share with you how I decided to deal with it.  In addition to a lot of prayer throughout the week, after reading Annette's post about managing stress, I decided to make a list of 10 things I'm thankful for right now!


-I’m thankful for a new opportunity I have (I hate when bloggers are vague like this, but I really can't tell you about it right now.  Don't worry, you'll hear about it!).
-I’m thankful for Joe and his teasing, even while I’m stressed!  It really helps get my mind off of things!
Intently watching a WWE pay-per-view
-I’m thankful for pasta and cheese.  I had that for dinner last night (comfort food!), and it’s quite tasty!
-I’m thankful for the friends I have.  They are incredibly supportive and loyal, and I love them!
-I’m thankful for cute clothes.  As shallow as it sounds, they really brighten my day and make me feel better about myself!
-I’m thankful for my family.  They’re always there for me, and I’m happy that we’ve become closer as the years have gone on.
-I’m thankful for answered prayers.  I’ve felt God’s calming presence the last few days, and it’s been much needed and appreciated!
-I’m thankful for my health and exercise.
The foam roller is my friend
-I’m thankful for entertainment (TV, smartphone games, the internet, etc.).  It helps distract me when I need it.
Candy Crush...so calming, yet frustrating at the same time
-I’m thankful for the new pillows Joe and I just started using!  They were a wedding gift, and man, are they comfortable!  We should have  pulled them out sooner!
And a bonus....I'm thankful for my relaxing morning of a good book and comforting coffee!
This was a really good exercise for me.  It's easy to get bogged down with the difficult stuff and forget about all the great things going on in life.  Over the coming weeks, I'm going to make a conscious effort to thank God for three things every time I get bogged down with the negative stuff.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever."
Psalm 136: 1

Question for you: Your turn! Tell me something specific you are thankful for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment