For today's post, Dawn from Sneaker Therapy nominated me for the Liebster Award. I previously was nominated for this award, but I thought it'd been enough time AND I loved Dawn's questions!
The rules are to share 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you wrote, then nominate 11 other bloggers.
Here are 11 Fun Facts for Friday (different than the ones I previously shared):
1. I almost always have my toenails painted, except for the past three months. Thank goodness I got a pedicure a few weeks ago!
2. I'm a little afraid to experiment in the kitchen--I have to have a recipe to follow!
3. I was never really athletic growing up. I played softball from K-5 grade, I did swim team for 2 summers, but that was about it, until I became a runner!
4. The first thing I ever wanted to be when I grew up was an astronaut! Teacher was a close second :)
5. I was a summer camp counselor for 6 summers in high school and college. It was such a fun way to spend my summers, and those camp friends will be friends forever! In fact, one of my camp friends post a link on Facebook to the 63 Signs You Were A Summer Camp Counselor. I 100% agree with all 63 things listed!
|Staff Photo at the end of Summer 2007...I'm in the front row, fourth from the right|
6. For a long time, when people would ask me what my favorite food is, I'd say ice cream. Now, I honestly don't know how to answer that question!
7. I have donated my hair to Locks of Love twice. My hair is so thick that they got TWO braids out of my hair!
|Taken after the first time I donated my hair|
8. This one you may know, but I was in a sorority in college. I was really involved (on the exec board for two years) and really, really enjoyed the experience. Those girls I got close with will also be lifelong friends!
|My pledge class (part of it--the ones that entered as freshmen) on our last Bid Day|
9. I may have also told y'all this before, but Joe and I met on a cruise. Yes, a Spring Break cruise. We kept bumping in to each other, then we planned to hang out a few times. We exchanged numbers, and he called me about two hours after we got off the cruise. We talked and talked and talked and talked, he came up to visit about a month later, and I guess you can say the rest is history!
|First picture of us taken on my camera|
11. As you've been able to tell if you've read this for a while, I'm very in to college football! I know a lot about it, and I get very defensive of my football knowledge. Some guys just don't realize that a girl can know so much about football!
Now, Dawn's 11 Questions for Me:
1. Favorite indulgent food? Brownies. Especially ones with additional chocolate chips in them!
2. A kitchen appliance you can't live without? I'd go with the Crock Pot! I love mine!
3. If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you would buy? I'd give some of it to charity first and put some away for savings, but then I'd probably buy a pair of expensive shoes. Then a house :)
4. What's the biggest thing you've ever had to memorize? Probably a Shakespeare monologue I used for an audition one time in high school.
5. What feature/personality trait do you love most about yourself? Feature? My eyes. Personality trait? My level of passion for things I care about
6. Favorite condiment? You know what? I actually don't like condiments! I guess I could say salad dressing?
7. If you could start another blog, what would it be about? A teaching blog. There aren't many blogs for secondary teachers, much less secondary MATH teachers!
8. What's most important when you're buying shoes--comfort or fashion? Fashion. Definitely. Not a good thing on the Monday after races when dressing for work!
9. If you could learn one skill or language instantly, what would you pick? I'd learn Italian. I've always be interested in learning that language, and that just means I'd have to go back and use it ASAP!
10. What's one way your life is different now than it was 5 years ago? I'm happy to say that I am a much more secure woman and have healthy self esteem than 5 years ago. THANK GOD! That certainly didn't happen without Him.
11. Favorite race distance? You know, I was thinking about that the other day. I can't decide between the 10K and the half marathon distance. I've done more half marathons, but I think the 10K distance is very, very manageable for me!
Question for you: Your turn!!! Pick a question to answer, or tell me a fun fact about yourself!