Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIAW #27: Freggie-Focused

Not to rub it in or anything, but at 2:45 today, Spring Break (un)officially begins!  All that's left in my work week is a teacher duty day on Thursday, then I am home free for a week.  If you can't tell, I'm excited about having some time off!

Not only does Spring Break begin today, but it's also time for...


Thanks, as always, to Jenn for hosting the WIAW party!  Head over to her blog to check out what WIAW is all about, and stop by some other blogs and see what they're eating.

Today, we'll take a look at Tuesday's eats.  With the beginning of the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge comes time for me to focus on getting in 7-9 servings of fruits and veggies.  In the challenge groups, we call fruits + veggies FREGGIES!  Let's see how I did getting in 7-9 freggies.

Breakfast
I had my usual bowl of cereal.  I'm still on the Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch--it's so good!

Morning Snack #1
I had some Lemon Chobani.  Perfect mid-morning snack with protein, a little bit of sweetness, and a lot of deliciousness!

Morning Snack #2
I didn't take a picture of it, but I had an apple.  My stomach was really rumbling with about 1.5 hours until lunch, but the apple did the good of tying me over.

Lunch
Lunch was freggie-ful, with a spinach salad topped with tomato, onion, cucumber, and a whole avocado.  I also had some baby carrots and grapes.

Afternoon Snack #1
They were out of the Nature Valley Protein bars this week, so I went generic.  Surprisingly, I think these actually taste a little better!

Afternoon Snack #2
I had to watch a webinar yesterday, and again, my stomach was growling with about 2 hours to go before dinner.  I had a handful of these Cheeto puffs.  They seemed to be better for you since they were the "simply" kind, but who knows :)  The white cheddar flavor was quite tasty!

Dinner
We had some shrimp pasta for dinner Tuesday night.  This was one of the meals that came from the Insanity diet we did back in October, and every now and then I'll make it to shake up the protein we eat.  All it is is garden rotini, a handful or two of boiled shrimp, and some marinara sauce.  I topped mine with some parmesan cheese.  Simple, tasty little meal!

Evening Snack
I had another handful of Cheetos just before my shower.  I guess the pasta didn't keep me full as long as I thought it would!

Freggie Count: 7.  My freggie-ful lunch really helped with this, as I didn't have any veggies on the side with dinner.  Good stuff!

Workout
I got in a really good 3-mile run after dinner.  It's so nice to be able to run outside later on in the day.  Thanks, Daylight Saving Time!  My phone died 2 miles in, so this is just an estimate on the time and the total distance.

Question for you: What's your favorite way to up your fruits + veggies count?
Mine is definitely a veggie-packed salad for lunch or a fruit-filled smoothie as a snack/post-workout recovery!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on all of your freggies (haha, love that term!) Also, I'm SUPER jealous that you get spring break! Definitely one thing I miss about school...

    ReplyDelete