Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend + SBBC Week 2 Recap

Hey, everyone!  It's back to work today, and that was HARD to do this morning.  I hope your day got off to a better start than mine did.

This weekend, I was up in Washington, DC with Joe and my in-laws.  I'll do a full recap of our trip, but here's a brief overview of what we did from Friday night on (check out some photos from the trip in my post from Saturday):
-had dinner on Friday with my aunt, uncle, mom, and dad.  Very nice to see them, and everyone had a lot of fun catching up!
-went to the National Museum of Crime and Punishment.  This was one of the museums Mimi (Joe's mom) wanted to go to, and we had a good time with the interactive exhibits!
-ate dinner on Saturday with my family, Joe's cousins and second cousins.  Lots of fun meeting the second cousins, and lots of good food!
-helped celebrate my good friend Farrah's birthday!!  I was so excited to get to see her, and it just worked out perfectly that she was near the restaurant we ate at on Saturday.
-flew home on Sunday.  I went to hot yoga once I got back, did some errands, unpacked, and relaxed with Joe.  It's nice to be back, and I think someone is excited we're home, too.
Workouts
As I mentioned before, I wanted to keep up with my workouts while traveling to continue doing well with the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge.  It's hard to do, but I actually did a great job this time!  It helps that my sister-in-law Katherine wanted to work out, too, so we made it a priority almost every day.
Monday-Bootcamp class with Katherine's workout group + ultimate frisbee afterward (70 minutes=7 points)
Tuesday-2.6 mile run + cooldown walk with Katherine (30 minutes=3 points)
Wednesday-15 minutes run + 15 minute Nike Training Club app workout.  We were flying out in the afternoon, so I knew I'd have to get the workout in early in the day.  I had to improvise with some of the equipment needed, but it was nice to move before sitting on a plane! (30 minutes=3 points)
Thursday-Walking around DC (about 40 minutes of true walking) + basketball workout with Katherine (30 minutes of activity).  Katherine's trainer made a workout to go along with any basketball game (example: missed foul shot=3 burpees), and we followed along as she watched the Florida vs. UCLA basketball game. (8 points total)

Friday-Walking around DC (about 40 minutes of true walking=4 points)
Saturday-rest day
Sunday-Bikram yoga class once we got back home.  Nice to sweat out those toxins I ingested during the trip! (90 minutes=9 points)

Total SBBC activity points: 35
Reaching water total days: 6
Freggie Total days: 3
Bonus points-there was a bonus challenge of drinking a glass of water within the first hour of waking up from Tuesday through Sunday.  I did this each of those days, so I earned 6 bonus points!
Total Points for the week: 50 (up from last week's 19)

Pretty good week this week!  I hope to continue to get in a lot of activity this week as I normalize my schedule and follow my half marathon training plan.  I need to get on those long runs!

Question for you: What do you do to work out while traveling?

No comments:

Post a Comment