Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weekend and Workout Recap

Guys, I have been going CRAZY with the race sign-ups this weekend!  I think I'm on a runner's high from the Daytona Beach Half Marathon and Disney Princess Half Marathon and just want to do more!  I'm going to get in to that in a separate post this week, but for now, let's talk about this weekend.

On Friday, Joe and I did our usual Mexican dinner then went over to watch the WWE Pay-per-view we missed at a friend's house.
It was a pretty chill evening, but I had fun watching Joe get all in to the wrestling.  He knows it's fake, but he pretends like he doesn't.  It makes things very entertaining for everyone watching with him!

Saturday started out very slowly.  I woke up early, had my usual coffee/reading time, then debated about doing to BodyPump.  I eventually talked myself in to it, and I'm SO glad I did.  I got in a GREAT workout and felt so strong afterward.  I also ran in to one of my students from last year (always great when I'm in a tank top and leggings...) and a teacher I work with now.  Fun times!

After that, I went and bought some new running shoes.  Shoe Carnival has all of their athletic shoes on sale now, and they sent a coupon in the mail!  In the past, I've gone to a running store and gotten fitted for running shoes.  After doing that so many times, though, I know what features I need and which brands I like, so I felt comfortable getting some on my own.
I debated for a while between the Asics GT-1000 2 (I've previously worn the GT-1000) and the New Balance 680, but the New Balance shoes won out this time.  They just overall felt more comfortable to me, and when running around the store in them, everything felt great.  The color of the Asics were much prettier, but I obviously had to pick the feel of the shoe over the look.

Saturday evening was a lot of fun!  It's homecoming at Joe's chiropractic school, so we got to attend the President's Reception and the Finale Dinner.  Joe received a scholarship and was being honored at the reception, so we got to get all dressed up and spend the evening with the big wigs of his school.
via Instagram
The finale dinner was delicious, as well, and we spent the time talking to some of Joe's classsmates, as well as some prospective students.  They had a DJ after the dinner, so we also got to in a little dancing. Overall, it was a great time!

Today was spent cleaning the house (more like SCRUBBING the house) and doing some laundry.  The weather was so nice today that Joe and I decided to enjoy it with a run on the beach.  Our neighbor met us down there after our 3 miles, and we did another half a mile walk with him.
via Instagram
Speaking of running, I wanted to share my workouts for the week.  I actually did a pretty good job getting in 4 days of exercise.  Here's what I did:
Sunday-Disney Princess Half Marathon + walking around Magic Kingdom for about 6 hours
Monday-rest day
Tuesday-rest day
Wednesday-Strength Training-I pulled out an old Best Body Bootcamp workout and am planning on working through the Summer 2013 phase again.  It felt great to get back to some weights!
Thursday-Hot Yoga
Friday-rest day
Saturday-BodyPump class

Not bad, if you ask me!  One thing I can attribute that to is Joe.  He has done a good job of keeping me accountable and motivated to work out this week.  I do MUCH better when I have someone checking in with me, so I'm glad that Joe is here to help me out.

If YOU need some accountability this spring to be healthy, I recommend signing up for the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge put on by the wonderful Amanda from Run To The Finish.
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I signed up for this challenge last year but wasn't very diligent in participating.  I plan to change that this year, and I hope you'll join me!  You earn points for every 10 minutes of activity you do in a day, as well as eating 7-9 servings of fruits+veggies and drinking 64 ounces of water.  There's a Facebook group to share your progress and seek motivation (everyone that participates is AWESOME with that), AND there are chances to win prizes each week!!  If you are interested, sign up here.  Feel free to throw in there that I referred you :) (I could win a prize)

Question for you: How was your weekend?  What did your workouts look like this week?  Do you need an accountability partner for working out like I do?
Maybe we can be accountability partners if you need one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment