Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lake Minneola Half Marathon Training Plan

Good morning!  Do you feel inspired for a great week after yesterday's Insta-spriation?  I sure do :)  I'm also pretty excited because one of my favorite shows is back!
Image Source
I LOVE to watch Dancing with the Stars!  I also realize that may make me a 40-year-old woman, but I'm totally ok with it.  I just love to watch the dancing (and pretend that I can do all of the moves).  Anyone else catch the premiere last night?  My favorite is Danica McKellar, especially after I realized that she writes the Math Doesn't Suck books for girls.  Math Nerds Unite!
Image Source





As you may know from my What I'm Running post last week, I have another half marathon coming up in a few weeks!
Image Source
The Lake Minneola Half Marathon is just 6 weeks away!  Yikes!  I started thinking about training right after the Disney Princess Half but haven't been keeping to a plan.  So, I thought if I posted my training plan that I'd start getting my butt in to gear!

My main goal for this race is to PR and do so without injury.  I noticed that my training before the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon, my current PR, including strength training and more speed work.  I'm working to incorporate more of that into this training plan.

A few things to note before I share my plan:
-I am NOT a running coach or a personal trainer.  Please consult a professional before you start any sort of running or exercise plan of your own!
-I already have a good running base going in to this half marathon training, having run two half marathons within the last month.
This was a really tricky training plan to create because of the different races I already had scheduled,  Plus, it's only 6 weeks away.  Yeah...should have made this a few weeks ago!

ANYWAY, I got this training plan off to a great start by heading to BodyPump on Monday evening.
I'm also planning on getting my run in right after work today with a little Treadmill Tuesday!  I may also head to hot yoga, but we'll see how it goes.

Question for you: Who is your Dancing with the Stars favorite? What do you focus on when training for races?  How do you create a training plan?

2 comments:

  1. Still bummed I am out of town for this race, I'd love to do it!! though already the humidity is back in FL and I know that slows me down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! I've enjoyed not having it, but I guess it's time to get back used to it. Hey, at least it's not snowing!

      Delete