Thursday, July 25, 2013

Back to the Core

Good afternoon, y'all!  I was up and at-it early this morning.  I had to go to a training this morning and decided to get my workout in and errands done after the meeting.  It feels good to get things done and out of the way early in the day!






Yesterday, I realized that I've been neglecting one of my favorite muscle groups to work out: my core!  In addition to some time on the treadmill, I took some time to do this core circuit:

I completed 3 rounds of the circuit, and my core was feelin' good!

Conveniently, as I was browsing the blogs I usually read, I came across Kat's post about the August Core Focus that she'll be hosting.
Image Source
She'll send a daily core workout, and all you have to do is post to the ChallengeLoop site each day you work your core.  If you do more than 5 core workouts (and post about it) in the month of August, you're entered to win a prize! You can sign up for it here on ChallengeLoop.  This is a great supplement to whatever fitness or training program you're doing and will help your body is so many ways!  Join me in focusing on your core muscles in August!

Now, it's time for me to get ready for my parents and brother to get here!
From last year's visit during our tour of the speedway...not the best family picture, but that's all I had!
They are coming for a long weekend.  Joe's mom and sister are also coming on Saturday, since they haven't seen my family since our wedding a year ago!  I have some last-minute preparations to take care of before all of our guests arrive.  As far as the blog goes, I have a book review and a survey post scheduled for the next few days, and I'll be back to my regular posts on Sunday.

Question for you: What's your favorite core exercise?
One of my favorites are reverse crunches.  They seem so easy to me, but they really work the lower abs.  So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment