Sunday, July 7, 2013

BBB6 Week 3 Recap

Another week has come and gone.  I don't know about y'all, but this one feels like it's gone so fast!  Joe was out of town all week and got back in town on Friday.  Since then, we've had a great weekend.

Friday evening was our usual Mexican food dinner and movie night.  We watched The Prestige, which I highly recommend!  Very interesting movie with some great acting, including a huge twist at the end!  
Image Source
On Saturday, we took part in the NASCAR festivities in Daytona.  The Coke Zero 400 race was at the Daytona International Speedway, so we did some tailgating before the race.  We decided to bike there to save money on parking and to get in a good workout!


Joe actually went to the race, but I went home and relaxing while watching some episodes of The Big Bang Theory (funny show!). 

Today has been a low-key day of church, reading, and cleaning the house.  Now, it's time for an update on how this week in Best Body Bootcamp went.
Activity
Monday: BodyPump class (sans sports bra)
Tuesday: 3-mile speedwork run with negative splits both in out-and-back and each mile.  I ran 15:02 the first 1.45 miles, and 14:20 on the way back.  I added a little extra at the end for a total of 3 miles.  My mile splits were also negative: first mile in 10:40, the second mile in 10:14, the third mile in 9:33.  
Wednesday: Rest day
Thursday: Firecracker 4 Miler.  I finished in 39:45 for an average pace of 9:56.  Pretty pleased with myself! (Full race recap still to come)
Image Source
Friday: rest day
Saturday: about 50 minute bike ride to and from the race tailgate
Sunday: You know how days can just get away from you?  That's how today was.  I meant to do a long run today as part of my half marathon training, but it just never happened.  It's on the agenda for tomorrow though :)

Goals
Goal #1 was still to drink 72 ozs + of water.  Today wasn't as good about the water this week, only meeting that goal 4/7 days.
Goal #2 was the same: eat two servings of fruit each day.  Also a rough week as I only met this goal 3/7 days this week.
I want to meet each goal at least 5 out of 7 days.  What happened this week?  Well, with friends visiting and Joe coming back in town, all of the going out to eat and "fun times" were compacted into a few days.  That usually messes up my healthy eating for the day, as it did this week.

Highlight of the Week
I really enjoyed my run on Tuesday.  First, I was feeling proud of myself for actually getting off the couch and going for a run.  Then, I was really excited about my splits, even when there was 87% humidity outside in the 80+ degree heat.

Goal for Next Week
Decrease the laziness!  I'll be posting more about that this week, but I have been incredibly lazy lately.  As it relates to Best Body Bootcamp, I'm resolving to have activity at least 5 days AND meet both goals 5 days this week.

Hope y'all have a great start to your week!  See you tomorrow :)

Question for you: What did you do this Independence Day week to stay healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment