Monday, July 15, 2013

BBB6 Week 4 Recap

Good morning, everyone!  I hope your week is getting off to a great start.  Joe and I had a pretty low-key weekend.  There was a lot of watching movies on TV, eating in, and enjoying each other's company.

It's time for a recap of the fourth week of Best Body Bootcamp.
Image Source
Activity
I did pretty well with activity this week!
Monday-3 mile run in the morning.  I set out for a 6 mile run, but after listening to my body, I knew I needed to cut it in half.
Tuesday-rest day
Wednesday-rest day
Thursday-20 minute run on the treadmill for speedwork + Workout B (drop sets for upper body)
Friday-3.2 mile run-went pretty well!
Saturday-BodyPump class.  My gym released the new BodyPump 86, which I LOVED!  There were a lot of single-bottom half combo moves, which I really enjoyed.
Sunday-6.5 mile long run.  I went out with the mindset of running 6 minutes, walking 1 minute to survive the humidity and did very well with it until 41 minutes in.  I got the sudden urge to go to the bathroom, and after I stopped at a gas station, I just couldn't get back in the groove.  BUT, the run met my 1/2 marathon training goal of under 11-minute miles, which I'm proud of!
I'm very pleased with the activity I got in this week!  This week, I want to actually get in the strength workouts that Tina sends out.  After all, that is why I signed up for the program, right?

Goals
I kept drinking 72+ ozs. of water as one of my goals.  I did met this goal 5/7 days, which happened to line up with the days that I worked out!

My second goal is to take a daily multi-vitamin.  After reading Katie's post about Vitafusion gummy vitamins, I decided to pick some up for myself.
I figured they'd encourage me to take them more regularly than my previous vitamins.
Chewing two gummies > swallowing two horse pills
I was right!  I might this goal 7/7 days!  I think that's the first time that I actually met a goal every day of the week.  I hope that this will continue :)

Highlight of the Week
Actually going on my long run and doing rather well with it made me happy.  I'm also proud of myself for taking a vitamin every single morning.

Goal for Next Week
With my friend Valerie's bachelorette coming up this weekend, I want to make sure to still get in my workouts.  I'm thinking that a shorter runner would actually happen on Saturday at our destination (I can't say yet...it's a surprise for Valerie!...but it is definitely a place where I want to run), so I need to get in my long run for the week on Thursday.

Question for you: Do you take a daily vitamin?

4 comments:

  1. I really want gummy vitamins but can't find any with enough calcium! Great job on your running this week, sounds like you are well on your way to a great half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice that until you said that! 10% Calcium...definitely not the best :-( I do think I saw some Calcium gummy vitamins in the same section, though.

      Delete
  2. Hey girl! So can you explain what this is: single-bottom half combo moves? That is like another language to me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If you're doing, say, a bicep curl, you would do one normal bicep curl (as the single) and then only go halfway up on the next one (as the bottom half). You can do that with any exercise but just doing one normal repetition then only doing the "bottom half" for the next repetition. Make sense?

      Delete