Monday, July 1, 2013

BBB6 Week 2 Recap

Another week has come and gone, so it's time to talk about how Best Body Bootcamp went for me!
Activity
I didn't do as well with workouts this week, but I still got in some activity 4/7 days:
Monday-5 mile long run along the bike trail in Emerald Isle.  It was semi-hilly, and as someone who normally runs in Florida, the hills were a bit rough on me!
 Tuesday-20 minute walk on the beach with Joe
Wednesday-30 minute walk on the beach with mom
Thursday-rest day
Friday-rest day
Saturday-nothing
Sunday-Workout C (Cardio Core Circuit Workout).  I did 3 rounds of the 6-exercise circuit and really enjoyed it!

Goals
Water: 6/7 days
2 servings of fruit: 5/7 days
Meeting these goals involved a little bit of planning, especially while on vacation.  I had a 20-ounce tumbler that I constantly filled with water to help me get in 72+ ounces.  I also made sure to pick up a lot of summery fruits while at the grocery store to help me eat more fruit.  A little planning goes a long way!

Highlight of the Week
Getting in my long run AND having my miles splits all be under 11 minutes!  I'm proud of myself for getting that in while on vacation, since my half marathon training hasn't been a top priority just yet.

Goal for Next Week
I have plenty of time this week, so I want to get in 3 strength workouts.  I also have a 4 mile race on July 4th, and I want to complete that in under 45 minutes.

Question for you:  Do you have a July 4th race you're running?  What is a health-related goal you have for yourself now?

1 comment:

  1. Eating more fruit is definitely a current goal of mine too, as well as drinking water. Both essential for summer!

    ReplyDelete