Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Boxed Dinners + Weighted Wednesday

Diet Tip of the Day
I had a real wake-up call today!  I started using MyFitnessPal again today, a calorie-tracking webstie/app I mentioned using before, and I realized just how bad for you some of the boxed dinners I make really are!  Many days after work, the last thing I want to do is cook, so I rely on Hamburger Helper, Banquet Homestyle Bakes, and Velveeta Cheesy Skillet meals for a quick, tasty dinner.
Tonight's Dinner
Leftovers of this for Lunch
I ate 1/3 of the box of the Velveeta Cheesy Skillet and about 1/5 of the Homestyle Bakes Pizza Pasta today.  Those two meals combined for over 2,000 mg of sodium!!  That alone is almost 100% of the daily recommended value.  I couldn't believe it!  Also, those two portions today had 21 grams of sugar, also almost 100% of the daily recommended value.  I guess the trade-off for a quick and easy meal is a not-so-good-for-you nutrition!  I'm going to start rethinking my need for a quick meal versus the need to have a healthy meal for myself and my husband.  Thanks for the wake-up call, MyFitnessPal!

Today's Training
It's Weighted Wednesday again!  Here's the total body workout I did today:
For each exercise, use whatever weight feels comfortable for you.  I have a feeling I will be quite sore tomorrow.

Faith Find
My devotional this morning referenced the verse in Mark 10 where Jesus tells the rich man that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.  The devotional talked about how getting things clouds our view of God's kingdom and what God wants us to be doing.  In fact, the way we get to the kingdom of God is by giving everything anyway.  After reading the section on money in Weird and reading this devotional, I'm learning more and more that my pay cut may be a way for me to grow closer to God by learning to be generous even in a time of uncertainty and money worries.  I pray that I'll be able to take steps in the right direction towards spending money in a godly way.

No comments:

Post a Comment