Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pinterest-inspired Run + Egg Whites + Calming Presence

It's a chilly, windy day here in Florida thanks to Hurricane Sandy.  Not such great weather to motivate me to do anything other than put on some sweat pants and lay on the couch all day.  Luckily, I've done more than that.

Today's Training
I began my day on the Health and Fitness boards on Pinterest.  I found a lot of great workouts, which kind guilt-tripped me in to going a run this afternoon.
If only...
I went for my second run of the week and took the dog with me.  Running with the dog means running faster than I want to, taking detours when other dogs are around, and very frequent stops (he has to mark his territory EVERYWHERE).  Still, a pretty decent run:
Thankfully, Joe runs with the monster most of the time.  I very much appreciate it, especially after today's crazy run!

Diet Tip of the Day
Yesterday morning's breakfast was quite random:
Instant Oatmeal, Mozzarella/Tomato Wedge, Pineapple Cup
I knew the oatmeal wouldn't keep me full for long, so I added the cheese and fruit for an extra belly-filler.

I went a different route this morning and made myself something tasty and substantial
...scrambled egg whites sprinkled with cheddar cheese, turkey bacon, and coffee!

This was the first time I ever just had scrambled egg whites.  I must say, I did not miss the yolk!  Scrambled egg whites have a smoother taste to them, and I thoroughly enjoyed them.  There must be an easier way to remove the yolk, though, rather than just picking it up with my hand.  Any suggestions?

Faith Find
One day this week, I taught a lesson in my first period that went horribly wrong.  My students were frustrated, I was frustrated and embarrassed, and it was only 1st period!  Between classes, I sat at my desk and just prayed.  I prayed that that lesson wouldn't ruin my day.  That I could recover from that.  That God could give me the peace of mind and the words to say the next time I taught that lesson.  I was able to find the exact resource I needed right away.  While God is always with me, whenever I ask God to take over during my day, things go much better.  He is such a calming presence, especially in adversity.  Instead of calling on Him in times of need, I need to just give Him each day first thing in the morning.  That way, I have that calming presence with me all day, and I'll feel it during the good times and bad.  Thanks be to God for the serenity he provides!

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!  Back tomorrow after my long run to talk about that and a new smoothie I created this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment