Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Treadmill Tuesday + Laughing Cow + Presidential Prayers

That's right, it's Treadmill Tuesday once more!

Today's Training
When one of my students today asked me if I'd been running lately, I realized that I really do need to stick to my schedule!  I decided to do so by wearing a color-coordinated outfit:
I misplaced these shorts for a few weeks, found them this weekend, and I'm very happy to be wearing them again.

Here's the treadmill workout I did today.  I'm calling it the "Push Yourself" Treadmill workout
I called it the "Push Yourself" workout because in the middle of the workout, when you're tired and ready to stop, you are running faster than the rest of the workout.  I really enjoyed this (especially while watching Dancing with the Stars), and felt pretty happy with the time:
Take out my 3-minute warm-up and 5- minute cool down (about .3 miles), and I'd say I was doing pretty good!

Diet Tip of the Day
I realized I'm really in to spreads/dips this week.  I decided to try some Laughing Cow wedges.  I'd seen many commercials for these things, so I decided to try the Mozzarella, sun-dried tomato, and basil flavor.
Source
I've just eaten the wedge on its own during lunch as an added dairy/protein boost to my meal.  I like it, but I think it's be really good spread over crackers, a bagel, or a slice of bread.  I think I'll get some crackers for the rest of the wedges.  Nice little treat in the middle of my day.  Plus, how cute is that little cow?

Faith Find
As I write this, I'm listening to the Presidential Debate.  I always get so stressed out watching these things because I hate conflict, which kind of turns in to hating politics.  Shouldn't we all be able to have our own opinions and be able to have a civil conversation about those opinions without putting each other down?  I've decided that I'm just going to prayer for this election.  I'm going to pray that the right candidate wins the presidency that will lead us in the right direction.  I'm going to pray that each candidate seeks God's will for their campaign and for the country.  I'm going to pray that each voter considers God's will for our country, as well, and will prayerfully consider who to vote for.   I hope that you will join me in praying for our country, for the presidential candidates, and for this upcoming election in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment