Monday, October 15, 2012

New Friends + Hummus + Accountability

You know what?  Today was a pretty good Monday!

Faith Find
I'm starting with the Faith Find today.  If you aren't in to reading that, feel free to skip ahead!  I respect everyone's personal religious beliefs :)
The church I went to yesterday is having a pumpkin patch fundraiser for youth ministries, just like my home church does! (Side Note: If you are in Richmond, VA, stop by Trinity United Methodist Church for all your pumpkin needs this year)  I decided to sign up to volunteer today.  I originally thought I signed up for 4-6, but for some reason I clicked the wrong button and signed up for 6-8.  This was, without a doubt, an sign from God because I worked with a girl who is so much like me it's not even funny!  It's crazy how a silly human mistake turned into God letting me meet someone that I think will be a good friend.  I'm so excited to see what other opportunities will come from meeting Ashley!

Diet Tip of the Day
A great snack that fills you up and is good for you is...hummus!
The Sabra brand is quite tasty, and they have lots of different flavors to satisfy your taste buds.  I'm a sucker for pesto and basil, and so the Basil Pesto flavor is perfect for me.  I dipped pretzels in it, but carrots, crackers, anything tastes great in hummus.  I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it before.

Today's Training
I decided to take one more day off to make sure I'm fully hydrated (I drank lots and lots of water at school today).  But, here is my schedule for the rest of the week:
Tuesday: Run 35 minutes (hopefully outside!)
Wednesday: Total Body strength workout
Thursday: Run 35 minutes
Friday: Cross train for 20-30 minutes (bike ride maybe?)
Saturday: Run 4/4.5 miles
Sunday: Easy run/walk for 20 minutes
Expect posts each day about each of these.  Now I'll be embarrassed if it doesn't happen :)  I find that when it comes to working out, I need someone to hold me accountable in order for workouts to happen (extrinsic motivation as talked about in For the Sake of Cake's post).

One way I keep myself accountable is by posting my week's schedule on the wall near the door to our apartment.  That way, I can check each workout off and feel accomplished (and my husband can call me out if I don't, too).

I like for them to be pretty and color-coordinated so that it's fun for me to look at and fun for me to make.

Question of the Day:  Do you like hummus?  If so, do you get a flavored hummus, or just the plain one?
I used to just buy the original hummus, but after trying this flavor, I just may have to continue buying this one, and try new flavors, too.

2 comments:

  1. Hummus is so good! I love eating it with pretzels, and it is also really good on pita bread. By the way- I just started a blog too about my training for a half-marathon! runlikeagirl13miles.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try it on pita bread.

      I'll be sure to check out your blog :) Half-marathon training is hard work, and it helps to hear about others' training, as well!

      Delete