Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Treadmill Tuesday

Most of this post was typed up yesterday, but I ran out of time to finish it last night.  My students took a quiz on Monday that has taken me FOREVER to grade!  Luckily, those are all done and entered in the computer now.  What a relief!

Diet Tip of the Day
Joe had some leftovers to finish for dinner tonight, so it was time to throw something together--literally--for dinner.  I had some frozen broccoli that I wanted to eat, and while I scavenged through the pantry, I found more veggies that Joe doesn't really like.  Here's what I found to throw together for a yummy dinner:
I used:
  • 1 cup frozen broccoli, prepared
  • 1/3 can of peas and carrots
  • 1/2 cup brown rice
  • 1/2 can tuna in water
  • A handful of chopped onion
  • A handful of Parmesan cheese
Overall, the finished product was tasty and filling!  Not bad for something I threw together at the last minute :)

Today's Training
For today's 35-minute run, I modified this treadmill workout and ran on the treadmill while watching Dancing with the Stars results.  Can you tell I like that show? :)  Here's the workout I completed:
I named this the 3-5-7 workout because you increase the speed of the treadmill by .3, you're running for 5 minutes, and the whole set is 7 minutes long!  I came up with that while running, so please forgive me for the lame name.  Feel free to increase the speeds on this.  I'm just training to finish the half marathon, but this would be a great speed workout if that's what you're looking to do.

I enjoyed this workout because the minutes went by very quickly!  Overall, I went 3.42 miles in 40 minutes (included warm-up and cool down) and I'm very pleased with my run.

Faith Find
Since my workout yesterday had a Bible verse attached, I decided to try to associate a verse with my 3-5-7 workout.  I thought of the book of Psalms and looked up Psalms 35:7, which says "Since they hid their net for me without cause and without cause dug a pit for me, "...didn't do much for me.  So, I tried Psalm 3:5-7.  Much better:
I lie down and sleep;
    I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear though tens of thousands
    assail me on every side.
Arise, Lord!
    Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
    break the teeth of the wicked.
I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed this week with all that's going on at school and feeling like everyone needs something from me or needs my help.  These verses are a good reminder that God is there and that I have nothing to fear/worry about.  Definitely needed that, especially on a day like yesterday!

Back later to tell you about Weighted Wednesday (new tradition I'm going to try!), fruit, and to finally talk about the chapter about money in my book Weird.  Until then, I have a question for you:
  • Do you like to run on a treadmill?  What is your favorite treadmill workout?
Lately, I have really been enjoying the treadmill.  I love treadmill workouts that involve running at fast paces for short distances with some walking thrown in so that I can catch my breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment