Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wal-mart Frustration + Snack Binge + Treadmill Tuesday?

You may notice a new little addition to the blog.  The logo on the left is to show that I signed up for Pile on the Miles 2012, a commitment for the month of November to run or walk more miles than normal.  On top of the half marathon looming in late February, this will be good motivation to keep up with my running!  There are potential prizes involved :)  Check it out, and sign up if you'd like!

Now on to regularly scheduled blogging:

Today's Training
....didn't happen :(  I'm sad to say, as much as I've enjoyed Treadmill Tuesday the past two weeks, we ate dinner much later than expected (we had some people over, and they were late).  I was so full in time for Dancing with the Stars, and now I'm here on the couch blogging.  Not such a good start to my Pile on the Miles sign-up, but good thing that starts in November!  I'm going to make up my run tomorrow and postpone Weighted Wednesday to Thursday.

Faith Find
Now, what I'm about to write may not seem like much of a Faith Find, but bare with me.  The Wal-mart where I live is the most frustrating thing.  NO ONE puts their carts away.  Instead, they leave their carts in between cars.  Even when the cart return is right across the lot from them.  I hate going there because I get so darn frustrated at people's lack of respect for others!

While fuming in the parking lot, I decided to put away two carts (in addition to mine) before leaving.  While I felt like I was doing a good deed, I realized that my spirit in doing my good deed was not right. I did my good deed out of anger, not out of wanting others to not be inconvenienced.   2 Corinthians 9:7 says: "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. "  I was certainly not a cheerful giver!

In the future, I will go to Wal-mart and put a few carts back for the sake of the Wal-mart employees, in hopes to make their work a little bit easier.  I won't put the carts back because I'm so frustrated at the other patrons.

Diet Tip of the Day
My lunch at school today was all fruits and veggies: a spinach salad with carrots, green peppers, onions, and tomatoes (with cheese on top); carrot sticks with hummus; and a pineapple cup.  As proud of myself as I was for eating healthy, I was not full AT ALL.  As a result, I pigged out on uncooked Ramen noodles (my really weird favorite snack food).

Now I see the point of making sure protein is a part of my meals!  I usually add tuna to my salad or bring Greek yogurt to eat after my salad.  In the future, I will make sure I have some sort of protein source in order to keep me full and avoid a snacking binge later in the day.

Thought to Ponder: What do you do out of frustration that could easily be done out of joy/love for others/the world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment