Thursday, October 4, 2012

Under the Weather + God's Will

Diet Tip of the Day
In the middle of teaching today, I started feeling sick to my stomach.  This was the class period before lunch, so I didn't have much of an appetite.  That threw off my eating for the rest of the day, as I just ate some crackers and drank a Sprite to settle my stomach.  I got really hungry when I got home, but I just ate crackers and plain pasta when I got home.  Luckily, I'm feeling better and hope the nausea doesn't come back!

Today's Training
Due to my stomach issues, I did not do my easy 2-mile run today.  I wanted to do something, though, so I completed this short daily workout.  I hate burpees, but I did them anyway!  It felt good to get my muscles working, even though my run got canceled :(

Faith Find
I realized today that I often pray for things to go my way, but then I'll pray "but let Your will be done." How contradictory is that?  What I really should be doing is bringing my concerns before God and seeking His desires and His will for me in those situations.  This thought came about as I was praying about something that came up today that I don't want to deal with.  While perusing Twitter this evening, I saw this and it reassured me:
It was just what I needed to see today!  It reminds me that God's will is good, pleasing, and perfect (Romans 12:2), and that I need to seek His will instead of my own.  My prayer for the next few days is that He will show me His will and help me accept it if it doesn't line up with my own.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a normal day!  A question for you: What's your cure-all for an upset stomach?

No comments:

Post a Comment