Thursday, October 11, 2012

Weighted Wednesday

I'm trying to come up with better titles for each blog.  Do you like the alliterations?  Too cliche?  I'll try and get more creative...but for now, the alliterations stay!

Today's Training
On schedule for today was strength training (hence Weighted Wednesday), and I decided to do a lower body workout.  I started with a 15 minute warm-up on the elliptical (10 minutes on level 10 and 5 minutes on level 50.  I then used PBFingers' Burnin' Legs and Abs Circuit Workout.  The name is right, my legs are burnin'!  Instead of a 25-lb dumbbell that she mentions in the workout, I used a 10-lb one (because I'm lazy/I didn't want to be too, too sore for my run tomorrow).

Yay Weighted Wednesday!

Diet Tip of the Day
I went to the grocery store today and bought lots of fruits and veggies.  I bought a bunch of bananas and cut some of them up to freeze for smoothies.  Fun fact about me: Bananas make me gag.  The smell, the taste, the consistency.  Everything.  As I was cutting the bananas, I realized the smell wasn't getting to me.  I decided to try one of the pieces I cut, and guess what...I actually ate it without gagging!  I've always heard how good bananas are for you (especially before/after a run) but have never been able to eat them.  I'm looking forward to eating a new fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment